Swollen Euphyllia torch

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stumbled upon a video where a torch was swollen like mine - he said his head is splitting. Now I took a look at mine, and I would guess there are 2 mouths? I tried to fumble & get to see if there is a second one, no success. Now I fed it and I'd say there might be a second mouth!!
The skeleton looks like 2 heads, but I know they are not. I bought it as one big head. Take a look! and yes I am desperatly trying to be optimistic :grinning-face-with-sweat:
2mouhts1.jpg
2mouhts2.jpg
Looks like it

OP
OP
N

nyji

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
Since I added phytoplankton and copepods it looks like the color got better, more intense. Today I dipped her, as I got into temptation to buy another one and didn't want a bacterial infection also get into a new torch.
whitestuff.jpg
whitestuff2.jpg
base.jpg
One minute after dipping, as I can finally do pictures of the base. I dipped AquaForest Protect Dip for 5minutes, then rinsed and put it back to it's former place. There is some white stuff, I tried to blast it off, but I can't. Anybody got some tips? In my unexperiences eye it looks like it is some sort of illness?

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
Since I added phytoplankton and copepods it looks like the color got better, more intense. Today I dipped her, as I got into temptation to buy another one and didn't want a bacterial infection also get into a new torch.
whitestuff.jpg
whitestuff2.jpg
base.jpg
One minute after dipping, as I can finally do pictures of the base. I dipped AquaForest Protect Dip for 5minutes, then rinsed and put it back to it's former place. There is some white stuff, I tried to blast it off, but I can't. Anybody got some tips? In my unexperiences eye it looks like it is some sort of illness?
I'm not seeing what your seeing.
Let it heal, looks good. No more dips unless it nose dives.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Update:
whitestuff.jpg
whitestuff2.jpg
base.jpg
Assure calcium is no less than 380-400. Its a must for their skeletal health and yours shows possible deficiency

OP
OP
N

nyji

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changed the spot, it is getting a lot puffier now
changed.jpg

also midas photobomb

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back