Symphillia Wilsoni stressed out

  • Thread starter Thread starter guichi1210
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

guichi1210

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2012
Messages
57
Reaction score
22
Location
California, MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having trouble with my rainbow wilsoni. My ATO put in around 2 gallons of freshawater into a 75 gallon reef one night and I corrected salinity the next day. My parameters are reading correctly and all my acans and other corals are doing well. I also did a small 10% water change and it shrunk even more. I decided to not make any more changes and see if it recovers. Tissue recession is significant and I'm afraid I may loose it.

Alk 9.4
pH 8.3
Ca 430
Phospate 0.04
SG 1.24
Mg 1360

Any advice on what should I do.

Thanks
 
The salinity dropped to 1.021 from 1.025. I fixed it by taking the excess water out of tank into a bucket and added half a cup of salt into it and mixed it. Once diluted, I added back to the tank and waited one hour before repeating the process. Once salinity was at 1.024. I removed excess water.
 
That is in the high side for those guys. I tried to keep one at those temp. and it melted away. In researching more because I love them it seems the highest temp should be 72.
 
That would make sense. I had it for two years now but I have seen a slow steady decline. A have an oversize chiller that can handle lower temps. I'll do research on my other species and find a good compromise. Thanks for your feedback.
 
Thats great info on temp. Because I had no idea they liked colder water. I almost bought one last year , it was around 600$ for a 5x5 rainbow. I'm glad I didn't jump it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new