Symphillia Wilsoni stressed out

guichi1210

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having trouble with my rainbow wilsoni. My ATO put in around 2 gallons of freshawater into a 75 gallon reef one night and I corrected salinity the next day. My parameters are reading correctly and all my acans and other corals are doing well. I also did a small 10% water change and it shrunk even more. I decided to not make any more changes and see if it recovers. Tissue recession is significant and I'm afraid I may loose it.

Alk 9.4
pH 8.3
Ca 430
Phospate 0.04
SG 1.24
Mg 1360

Any advice on what should I do.

Thanks

OP
OP
G

guichi1210

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The salinity dropped to 1.021 from 1.025. I fixed it by taking the excess water out of tank into a bucket and added half a cup of salt into it and mixed it. Once diluted, I added back to the tank and waited one hour before repeating the process. Once salinity was at 1.024. I removed excess water.

slapshot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is in the high side for those guys. I tried to keep one at those temp. and it melted away. In researching more because I love them it seems the highest temp should be 72.

OP
OP
G

guichi1210

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would make sense. I had it for two years now but I have seen a slow steady decline. A have an oversize chiller that can handle lower temps. I'll do research on my other species and find a good compromise. Thanks for your feedback.

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats great info on temp. Because I had no idea they liked colder water. I almost bought one last year , it was around 600$ for a 5x5 rainbow. I'm glad I didn't jump it.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back