OP
OP
Mark Teitelman

Mark Teitelman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone so here are some updates...about 6 months in now...been a fun ride! Classic mixed reef, pretty heavy lean to LPS, but I have a number of SPS frags that are starting to grow pretty well. Mostly Acros, a couple of Monti Satosa and some other montipora. 7 fish in and a yellow assessor will be added in 3 weeks after QT. Coral banded shrimp, cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp, pistol shrimp and 2 emerald crabs also in system. Fish are 2 clowns (tank raised), 2 watchman gobies (tank raised and paired with shrimp now), Melanarus wrasse, blue springeri damsel (tank raised), and gold midas blenny.

IMG_0405.jpg
IMG_0400.jpg
IMG_0407.jpg
IMG_0409.jpg
IMG_0408.jpg

Pics aren't as crips as normal, i'm filtering out the blues a bit. But you get the idea. Onward!

OP
OP
Mark Teitelman

Mark Teitelman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone so I'm putting up some pics I just took of the 50 gallon drop off reef. Been up and running for about 9 months...system has been remarkably stable--I'm at war with my huge pistol shrimp and bonded watchman gobies, who disagree with much of my design choices haha :) Man they do love to move that sand! So not a ton of changes in the last couple months--I did add a meat coral to the front, and moved my white bubble to the back, replacing it with a cool red blasto colony. For some reason the shrimp and gobies loved trying to bury the bubble...so the move seems to have staved that one off for now...

10 fish in there now--the 2 Gobies, a Springeri Damsel, Midas Blenny, Melanarus Wrasse, Yellow Assessor, a pair of Banggai Cardinals, and a pair of clowns. In about 2 weeks once they clear QT a small cleaner goby and a stippled clingfish are going to join the party. Inverts are Coral Banded shrimp, peppermint shrimp, cleaner shrimp, a couple of emerald crabs and various snails and hermits.

For the most part not too much coral warfare so far...I keep a close eye on the hammers and frogspawn, those tentacles get VERY long...but most of the tank is getting along nicely. I'm sure I'll be keeping a close eye on this as space becomes a premium as things grow in...especially up top.

Been a pretty fun adventure so far...a ton of work, but all good...

IMG_2250.JPG
IMG_3922.JPG
IMG_6856.JPG
IMG_9927.JPG
IMG_0873.JPG
IMG_1997.JPG
IMG_5595.JPG
IMG_6371.JPG

OP
OP
Mark Teitelman

Mark Teitelman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
088B8EC2-8BB0-4B6C-ACD3-B7EE0255DC27.jpeg
4A4A52A9-9BA1-48CE-83A8-140FE7BB035E.jpeg
AB7F853D-B11E-4A9C-B7AF-8D13896DC294.jpeg
31C8B6EB-1A49-414A-B36C-877C4E316E36.jpeg
5B08FD9B-A6BA-4C58-B87C-3EADE3D5F0ED.jpeg
Hello all I’m heading out of the country for a work gig so I took these pics of the tank to take with me—pretty much filled it in, added some gorgonians to the top and snuck in one hammer on the bottom for the euphillia garden. And last night I discovered a very tiny Banggai Cardinal baby—it’s so small I doubt it will survive but we are dumping plenty of planktonic foods and small bits so it has a chance—pretty cool.

OP
OP
Mark Teitelman

Mark Teitelman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Mark Teitelman how's the reef doing? Great job! Following!

Hey there!!! Sorry for my absence...Been crazed the last several months!!! But all is well with the reef! I'm still at war with my pistol shrimp who does not care for my design choices one bit...so i've had to move a couple of pieces off the lower sand and to the upper part of drop off...

Just added a really nice mystery wrasse to the menagerie...will try to get a pic of him when I can...

Here are some updates...

I like this one, my lights have barely turned on, it's just as the sun comes up outside our window, we get some cool natural light shining on it for about an hour as everything wakes up...

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

I will get some pics with the full blues at some point in the next couple days (I'm still out of town doing World Cup stuff) but overall I think the tank is aging well!

I know it doesn't look like it but there are 12 fish in there now...2 clowns, 2 Banggai Cardinals, Gold Midas Blenny, 2 Watchman gobies, a blue Springeri Damsel, yellow assessor, Melanarus wrasse, Mystery wrasse and Kamohara blenny.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey there!!! Sorry for my absence...Been crazed the last several months!!! But all is well with the reef! I'm still at war with my pistol shrimp who does not care for my design choices one bit...so i've had to move a couple of pieces off the lower sand and to the upper part of drop off...

Just added a really nice mystery wrasse to the menagerie...will try to get a pic of him when I can...

Here are some updates...

I like this one, my lights have barely turned on, it's just as the sun comes up outside our window, we get some cool natural light shining on it for about an hour as everything wakes up...

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

I will get some pics with the full blues at some point in the next couple days (I'm still out of town doing World Cup stuff) but overall I think the tank is aging well!

I know it doesn't look like it but there are 12 fish in there now...2 clowns, 2 Banggai Cardinals, Gold Midas Blenny, 2 Watchman gobies, a blue Springeri Damsel, yellow assessor, Melanarus wrasse, Mystery wrasse and Kamohara blenny.
Those are some REALLY cool pics! Awesome!!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back