T5 mounts

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers just wanted to see if any one is using
The Floating Suspension Hybrid Light Fixture Hanging System for the t5 light? If so I would like some advice as mine when I tighten the wire down kinda becomes loose

OP
OP
C

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got one, what part are you talking about?
I’ll post a picture of it. But the front end slants down. I keep trying to tighten the cable up but it keeps slanting down

7F283AD1-5656-4343-B298-F4212B8275F4.jpeg

ReQuackulous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool i have the same thing, I'm vertically mounting and im having no slips, are you using just one cable? And what exactly is slipping?

Edit: Lol sorry I was reading something else about slips, not slants. But the cable question is what I wanted to ask.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool i have the same thing, I'm vertically mounting and im having no slips, are you using just one cable? And what exactly is slipping?

Edit: Lol sorry I was reading something else about slips, not slants. But the cable question is what I wanted to ask.
That’s the thing I don’t know if it is the cable from the back where you tighten the screws or where you can adjust it but every time I get it level the next day it slanted. I feel like the cable is coming undone

C5D3D1EF-1934-4070-B5D8-40D4F2F3BDB5.jpeg

ReQuackulous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I think there may be a couple issues, did the bracket come with that mounting cable? It kind of looks like the original, but the original has two holding points per cable (holding point being that metal paperweight looking thing that goes into the fixture's groove channel.) If it's not the original I would try using that cable instead.

Another thing that might fix it, is if you move the cable up where its attached on the wall bracket, you will reduce the load on the bottom bracket, and increase the load on the cable which should help support it being straighter. At its current configuration, there is less load on the cable and more load on where the bracket attaches to the light.

OP
OP
C

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I think there may be a couple issues, did the bracket come with that mounting cable? It kind of looks like the original, but the original has two holding points per cable (holding point being that metal paperweight looking thing that goes into the fixture's groove channel.) If it's not the original I would try using that cable instead.

Another thing that might fix it, is if you move the cable up where its attached on the wall bracket, you will reduce the load on the bottom bracket, and increase the load on the cable which should help support it being straighter. At its current configuration, there is less load on the cable and more load on where the bracket attaches to the light.
I’ll try moving it up. As for what cable you are talking about I have no idea I just used what came out of the box for the wall mount not the light fixture. Do you have a picture of yours so I can see how it supposed to look like

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
16030426057963426293731907254549.jpg
I use the same light as well there is a really small Bb ball bearing that is in there I've lost one of those before and had the same problem so if it is gone out of there it does not tighten down correctly and we'll slip I would double check for this BB

ReQuackulous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
16030426057963426293731907254549.jpg
I use the same light as well there is a really small Bb ball bearing that is in there I've lost one of those before and had the same problem so if it is gone out of there it does not tighten down correctly and we'll slip I would double check for this BB
Pistol Peet gets the photo in for the win!

I really liked the fixture mounts that came with it.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back