Tag Your It - lets play along

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous tanks everyone! So glad this thread is staying alive!! :)

OP
OP
afamousjohnson

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 it is cool to see a collective systems grouping with info on each in 1 place for reference all while having a good time doing it. Kinda like a picture book. I bet there are a lot of folks out there hoping to be and ready for a tag. Cool how it can move from area to area as well merging different groups from all over.

stoked to see whats next akma

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 it is cool to see a collective systems grouping with info on each in 1 place for reference all while having a good time doing it. Kinda like a picture book. I bet there are a lot of folks out there hoping to be and ready for a tag. Cool how it can move from area to area as well merging different groups from all over.

I agree. I really like watching this thread develop and grow!

akma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I currently have a mixed reef tank. I almost broke down so I kept my tank running on auto with no water changes. About 3 months ago, I got the itch again and started collecting pieces here and there.
Most of my sps are frags right now.

Here's some info in my tank:

Tank info: Elos 70 Glass tank / 55 gallon / Dimensions are 29.52″ x 22.44″ x 19.7

Sump: I was never a fan of the elos sumps, so I had one built by advanced acrylics to fit my oversize skimmer and a small refugium.

Skimmer: Using a BM Nac 8, an pulls skimmate out like a beast.

Flow: Eheim 1262 return pump / 2 MP10WES

Lighting: My main light is an ATI 24" powermodule t5/led hybrid. My sump I use a Par38 for cheato and dragon breath algae

Dosing/caRx: Profilux doser to dose 2 part.

Controller if any: Apex

Maintenance info: Between a 10 and 20 gallon water change a week.

Stock list:
FISH:
- Pair of wyoming whites about 4 years old
- Pair of breeding banggai
- Helfrichi
- Yellow assessor
- Labouti wrasse
- McCoskers Wrasse
- Flame wrasse
- Yellow Tang

I know eventually I'll have to upgrade or find the yellow tang a bigger home and perhaps the wrasses. Hopefully, I'll have a bigger tank by then.

Some of the newer sps pieces that i've gotten recently are:
RR orange passion
RR wolverine
RR pink floyd
WWC over rainbow
Finally found the Tyree purple monster again thanks to Mr. Fox

Here is a FTS:
The mess in the middle are my zoas/palys. The single polyps are on frag racks. The huge coral on the front rock is my space invader pectinia. I think I might need to find him a new home soon. He's taking up too much real estate.

My mushrooms i've been getting into:
Recently recieved
WWC bounce
CC skull candy
Vendor told me the large shroom is gumpdrop shroom. It's huge on a 4" tile
My UC iron man blasto ( 2 heads)
New blasto I just picked up on right that is single head.

I've always had a thing for acans:

This is my baby:

I think that's it.

I'll Tag My friend kingator.

OP
OP
afamousjohnson

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet stuff akma. Just getting back and already holding an OP and a wolverine..... now thats the way to do it. Beautiful jawbreaker - how many babies has she had?
How does that dragons breathe do in the display for you? Ever have your tang munch it? Mine doesn't like the stuff and i have been thinking of adding some to a section in DT.
kingator

Last edited:
OP
OP
afamousjohnson

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man and that pectina - that is crazy big. Such a beautiful piece - but mean.lol have you ever had to cut the sweepers? I can only imagine the spread that thing has.

OP
OP
afamousjohnson

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured now that we are getting deeper into this thread and it is growing more popular. It could use a 1st post thread layout bump to bring the good information back to the new front of the page for reference to future tagged posters.

keep um comin guys n gals. Awsome the way its unfolded here.

Also, doesn't have to be someone you know personally, rather just someone on R2R.

We'll just keep going until hopefully everyone on R2R has been tagged. Maybe it'll make it as a sticky that way we can always refer to it and it can provide info for others who are looking to buy something and want to know who here runs it. It can keep going because once somebody upgrades or downgrades, they can be tagged again for the new system.

So this is how it works, simple: I'll start the tag since I'm posting this:
this person has to provide info on their tank based on the layout below (don't have to follow layout perfectly, it's just to provide a "template" on what they can tell us about their tank, but any creative way of doing it is welcomed).
Then they have to post up five pictures of their tank (again just a number, but more or less is fine.) but these photos should provide the viewers an idea of at least what makes this system "what it is" (as in what makes the person who they are, based on the Facebook game.)
Then this person has to tag someone else. (They are responsible for letting the other person know that they've been tagged.) and the game continues.
To make this game continue and not just another thread that disappears; please if you get tagged, play along within 24hrs-48hrs or so, the sooner the better though to keep this thread alive
wink.gif
if for some reason you just don't feel like playing, please just inform us on this thread and tag someone else
wink.gif

Please just tag 1 person, not like 3 at a time lol. But the person tagged, can choose to do one tank only, or all his/her tank at once if they have multiples.

Template:

Tank info: maker/brand/glass or acrylic, dimensions/ size in gallons
Sump: brand/ maker/ glass or acrylic, dimensions/ size in gallons
Refugium: if any, and any info on it like dimensions etc
Skimmer: make/model, likes dislikes, etc
Flow: powerheads/ closed loops / make/model, how many, likes dislikes, etc
Lighting: make/model, what kind (mh, t5, LEDs, etc), how many, Refuge light?, any other info
Dosing/caRx: what make/model, other associated accessories, any info
Controller if any: brand/make /model, what does it control, modules, any info
Maintenance info: when, what, how?
Stock list: fish/corals with dominant coral within system/inverts/cuc/etc.
Anything else you want us to know: history on tank, future plans, who you feel deserves some credit for your tank, etc, etc
Feel free to add anything else you want here.

Last edited:

akma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank akma! That is one of the nicest jawbreakers I have seen. Any fighting between the flame and labotui?

Thank you. The flame and wrasse get along now. When I first got them the flame had to show the other two he was boss. The mccosker is his sidekick and the labouti is the village bootlicker.

Sweet stuff akma. Just getting back and already holding an OP and a wolverine..... now thats the way to do it. Beautiful jawbreaker - how many babies has she had?
How does that dragons breathe do in the display for you? Ever have your tang munch it? Mine doesn't like the stuff and i have been thinking of adding some to a section in DT.
@kingator

Thanks. I have about 8 momma JB's in the middle along with a few babies that I can't get too. I only cut off when it's far away from the middle. The dragons breath grows fast. It's doubled in size since i got it which was about a month ago. My tanks' been up it's just I recently cleaned everything out. I used to have a 120 sps tank, but I took it down when I moved.
Here's a picture of the Space invader with tentacles out:

WHere you at kingator

OP
OP
afamousjohnson

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
akma have you heard anything back from kingator on if they are going to play or not?? If not might end up having to pick someone else.?.

OP
OP
afamousjohnson

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna jump in and get this thread started again. As with any thread there will be a point where it starts diving off. And as starter I will keep an eye out here for that to make sure it continues with a long life. If we run into a delay of more than 3 weeks or so in between tags and with no responses back from tag-r and/or tag-e. I will step in and give it a restart with a new tag.

It was also stated earlier by joshporksandwic and danangelo that we would get better results by starting off with 2 tags to create a tree effect and keeping it going. So we are starting off fresh off of that idea and as I saw danangelo hasn't been tagged - tag your it.lol We will also bring tigerdragon over to be tagged in as well - seen he has been pretty active on the forum - so we should get him over here.
That also means after you have accepted the tag and posted you also can tag 2 new people. Will help the thread spread and continue to grow.

One thing I think folks have missed here with this thread is that you do not need to know the person you are tagging, and this thread is here to help R2R members get to know eachother and meeting new reefers. While reaching its ultimate goal - to be fun- and bring systems with specs and pictures all to one collective thread for viewing pleasure.

With the new @tag and mention systems set up on the site it makes it even easier to tag someone. Simply @tag them here along with a pm introducing yourself and introducing them to the thread with a tag - some folks might not accept or reply but most seem to be excited to play and be involved. If you hear nothing back simply pick out a different r2r member and @tag them with a pm explaining.
You can also than mention tag that person to this thread(at top of thread) by putting their user name there - this will give us a running list of all that have excepted the tag and tanks that are viewable here within the thread.

So coooo - how bout it tigerdragon and danangelo - you guys feel like giving this thread life again and starting us off?

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna jump in and get this thread started again. As with any thread there will be a point where it starts diving off. And as starter I will keep an eye out here for that to make sure it continues with a long life. If we run into a delay of more than 3 weeks or so in between tags and with no responses back from tag-r and/or tag-e. I will step in and give it a restart with a new tag.

It was also stated earlier by joshporksandwic and danangelo that we would get better results by starting off with 2 tags to create a tree effect and keeping it going. So we are starting off fresh off of that idea and as I saw danangelo hasn't been tagged - tag your it.lol We will also bring tigerdragon over to be tagged in as well - seen he has been pretty active on the forum - so we should get him over here.
That also means after you have accepted the tag and posted you also can tag 2 new people. Will help the thread spread and continue to grow.

One thing I think folks have missed here with this thread is that you do not need to know the person you are tagging, and this thread is here to help R2R members get to know eachother and meeting new reefers. While reaching its ultimate goal - to be fun- and bring systems with specs and pictures all to one collective thread for viewing pleasure.

With the new @tag and mention systems set up on the site it makes it even easier to tag someone. Simply @tag them here along with a pm introducing yourself and introducing them to the thread with a tag - some folks might not accept or reply but most seem to be excited to play and be involved. If you hear nothing back simply pick out a different r2r member and @tag them with a pm explaining.
You can also than mention tag that person to this thread(at top of thread) by putting their user name there - this will give us a running list of all that have excepted the tag and tanks that are viewable here within the thread.

So coooo - how bout it tigerdragon and danangelo - you guys feel like giving this thread life again and starting us off?
Oh man thanks for the tag but my tank is not worthy yet...but I will play will post tomorrow I am at work now

OP
OP
afamousjohnson

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man thanks for the tag but my tank is not worthy yet...but I will play will post tomorrow I am at work now

haha - love it - I think I can speak for most hobbiests here in saying we are all interested in any box full of salt water.lol brand new - longtime runnin - young - old - any shape any color - fully stocked or up n coming - ups or downs.lol

thanks for playing man

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha - love it - I think I can speak for most hobbiests here in saying we are all interested in any box full of salt water.lol brand new - longtime runnin - young - old - any shape any color - fully stocked or up n coming - ups or downs.lol

thanks for playing man
I totally agree with you lol I will post old and new..

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tag some ppl up! Whoever was tagged last and posted up their tank needs to tag the next person! Let's keep this thread going

OP
OP
afamousjohnson

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure - I was just going to hop on here this morning and post up another fail direction.lol and get some new posters up.

Last chance for the 2 up on tag your it to post - or we will move onto some new nominees after the 1st of the year to get this rolling again into 2015. Of course you guys want to be the 1st tags of the new year.lol I'll let it roll until sunday...but if nothing by than will bring in some new tag-es to get us rolling again for the new year.
tigerdragon danangelo

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back