Tailspot Blenny parasite?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DEL 707
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DEL 707

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2024
Messages
149
Reaction score
38
Location
UK, Kent
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a tailspot blenny 5 days ago. Everything seems o.k, he's eating and being active.
Little guy poops alot though, normally short brown/black. Not sure if the amount he craps is normal.

Today I saw him poop, which was white and stringy. But after that, I've also seem him do a normal poop.
I did a quick google and the 1st thing that popped up was parasites.

Does he look average weight?



I've been feeding brine and mysis shrimp, but I have ordered some seaweed strips with garlic.
 
I got a tailspot blenny 5 days ago. Everything seems o.k, he's eating and being active.
Little guy poops alot though, normally short brown/black. Not sure if the amount he craps is normal.

Today I saw him poop, which was white and stringy. But after that, I've also seem him do a normal poop.
I did a quick google and the 1st thing that popped up was parasites.

Does he look average weight?



I've been feeding brine and mysis shrimp, but I have ordered some seaweed strips with garlic.

The blenny has good weight to it. Fatty foods like mysids can cause white feces.

Worm parasites do not cause white feces, some protozoan infections will though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 14.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new