Taking DOWN calcium reactor : USELESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MakerofThings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The HI781 Checker®HC (Handheld Colorimeter) is a simple, accurate, and cost-effective way to measure nitrate from 0.00 to 5.00 ppm (as NO3–) in your saltwater aquarium. For samples containing 5.0 to 50.0 ppm nitrate, follow the approved dilution procedure.
Yes. I just downloaded and read the instructions.

You said you did not dilute the sample, so, your number is as displayed. 4.02ppm.
You ONLY MULTIPLY THE RESULT IF DILUTING YOUR SAMPLE.

OP
OP
hyeclass

hyeclass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 of what?

You asked for advice on how to par down your overloadd stocking list. I gave you some advice. Take it or leave it.
Wasn't clear took 2 clownfish out plus 1 yellow peel put them in 32 gal cube

Attachments

• 20201201_213351.jpg
    20201201_213351.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 60
OP
OP
hyeclass

hyeclass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I just downloaded and read the instructions.

You said you did not dilute the sample, so, your number is as displayed. 4.02ppm.
You ONLY MULTIPLY THE RESULT IF DILUTING YOUR SAMPLE.

1ml tank water 10ml clean water
7ml so on

The test came back 4.02ppm that's = to 40

OP
OP
hyeclass

hyeclass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great decision. I've struggled to try and do more than 2 in my 180 and have settled on awkward pairing of three clownfish ...

I last 5g fish due to marine velvet, went bought a 70 gal kurlik tank very beautiful I think it was 640$ I paid went got 2 gem tangs 2 blue 2 purple so on quarantine all the fish use to have 7 designer clownfish fish paid 700$ 3 died in quarantine 2 of them I put in 32 gal cube

Now I got clean fish

Oh man not mention the sps I last maybe 3 ot 4 g I still have there bones

redsea reefer 140 gal tank

I been doing water changes every week for 30 to 40 gal to much, every 2 weeks is ok 10 to 20 gal I am even running a canister gfo and corban plus refugium this weekend I am going to buy chaeto hopefully that will keep the nitrate down

Powder blue such a beautiful fish hate to give it away

Salfin tang is 2"
Powder blue 3" or 4 "
Yellow tang 3"
Purple one is 2" another is 4"

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude are you actually insane?

Dozens of people are going out of their way to help you, or probably just stop you from killing more livestock... and you're nothing but combative, argumentative and downright disconnected from reality.

This whole thread reads like a troll or joke, but its not, everyone is trying so hard to help you and you can't even follow the most BASIC of instructions that are so clear and simple a child could do them, yet you decide to completely ignore all questions and advice and instead dive off on another rant about something entirely unrelated, constantly.

I'm sorry if this is rude, and it upsets you, I know it is and I know it will, but frankly you deserve to here it.

Kindness, support and help can only be useful when the recipient is willing to engage, you repeatedly refuse to allow people to help you. People that are worlds more experienced than you. It is clear to ANYONE, reefer or not, that you are not the smartest guy in the room right now despite you yelling the loudest.

Have some humility, have some respect for yourself and others, and SLOW DOWN AND LISTEN.

Stop buying gear and livestock. Stop changing every single thing. Stop adjusting everything. Stop dosing. STOP.

Do what people ask and let them help you!! For the love of god I can't understand why people are still being so nice.

Just STOP and let them help. If you can bring yourself to do that for just a couple of weeks, realize you're not a genius and be willing to admit that you're wrong, you may actually learn something and be able to grow in this hobby.

If you seriously can't do that, then sell everything, or just give it away, because it is genuinely disgusting how much livestock you have killed through purely stubbornness.

After reading all 11 pages these are my thoughts exactly and THANK YOU!

Finally, someone stopped being nice and started being LOVING.

MakerofThings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dude is a lost cause, I just feel bad for the livestock. His LFS is making bank, but a shame they're letting so much die.

He can't even follow instructions or give clear answers about his nitrate.

I am all for being kind, inclusive and understanding. ESPECIALLY for people who are new or (I hope) aren't native English speakers.

But at at point, holy crap, some people just refuse to learn because it must mean they're wrong and they refuse to accept it.

I am honestly curious how he makes enough money to burn so much in this tank, yet can't answer yes/no questions.

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah!
Dude is a lost cause, I just feel bad for the livestock. His LFS is making bank, but a shame they're letting so much die.

He can't even follow instructions or give clear answers about his nitrate.

I am all for being kind, inclusive and understanding. ESPECIALLY for people who are new or (I hope) aren't native English speakers.

But at at point, holy crap, some people just refuse to learn because it must mean they're wrong and they refuse to accept it.

I am honestly curious how he makes enough money to burn so much in this tank, yet can't answer yes/no questions.
Indeed. Nothing wrong with any of the tech on that tank it’s just p*** poor application, something that probably won’t change based on, well...everything.

I started of thinking that this was some elaborate trolling but yeah, seems legit unfortunately.

Take note folks, this is NOT how you want to behave when the good folks here are doing their best to help. Oh well, I got a few laughs out of the insanity of this thread.

Last edited:

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your nitrates are really that high, maybe consider removing some fish. I have about the same number of fish in my 240.... also as stated that is a lot of tangs in that tank and you are asking for problems with that many clownfish unless they all come from the same clutch. They will fight....it is only a matter of time. I went though it personally and removed them and replaced them all from a local breeder who was able to get me a group from the same clutch.
did I read your above post correctly? You bought 2 gem tangs, 2 purple tangs and 2 blue tangs and have them in quarantine in a 70 gallon tank with 7 clown fish? That many fish could only cause stress on them and raise your nitrates even higher. Not to mention purple tangs are bullies typically. I have 1 in my tank and he was the LAST tang addition so all others could relax and get used to one another. That was 5 years ago.....he still is a bully from time to to time to the others. Would hate to see him bully and injure or kill your gem tangs or any fish for that matter.

corey

RVA REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I figured out your problem, you should get another calcium reactor and run them both at the same time. After you get both hooked up and pumping ca/alk I would order about 15 rainbow tenuis frags with really cool names to see if your tanks ready for more sps. You also dont have enough tangs and designer clownfish for a 140g... you should keep the powder blue and order a achilles, vlamingii and powder brown, and maybe a black tang if you can afford it, the more tangs the better. make sure you quarantine all of the tangs together in a 10gallon tank, dont want to stress them out before adding them to your display.

StevePhx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is another case where access to too much information and technology has killed a tank.

People have to learn the basics of animal husbandry and water chemistry before they start dumping money into their tanks.

My coral died, buy a Trident. My alk is 15 but an ICP will tell me the answer. My frag based out time to get a carx.

Shame on his LFS for now shaking him and saying stop and learn to keep sinularia and clowns before tangs and sps.

OP
OP
hyeclass

hyeclass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is my final thoughts exactly, this place give me sh|ty advice really, i did ask for help in my another post, guess what, i am in this situation because someone thinks they know what they're doing.

you guys think you guy know what you guys doing? it takes a lot to be marine biologist, ask yourself a question, have you killed a fish not qt, have you killed the corals. attaching me by saying. 70% of the conversation is useless.

YOU GUYS ARE BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry you feel that way. Some of us were trying to help and share personal experiences where we failed in an attempt to hopefully prevent someone else from making the same mistakes. That is all I was trying to do and I’m apologetic that you took it the other way.
I will no longer post in this thread.

corey

MakerofThings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is my final thoughts exactly, this place give me sh|ty advice really, i did ask for help in my another post, guess what, i am in this situation because someone thinks they know what they're doing.

you guys think you guy know what you guys doing? it takes a lot to be marine biologist, ask yourself a question, have you killed a fish not qt, have you killed the corals. attaching me by saying. 70% of the conversation is useless.

YOU GUYS ARE BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES.
You're an idiot, a maniac, and delusional.

Give up. Please. Please give up! I know it's hard for you to focus and read even the most basic freaking sentence... But give up!

Sell everything. Hell, post your location and everyone will come take it from you.

You clearly don't miss the money and you very clearly don't care about the animals.

Go to hell, man. You're being so astoundingly rude, combative, resistant and literally acting like a lunatic. I've got zero respect for people who act like that AND kill livestock through pure stubbornness and unwillingness to learn.

Get out of this hobby, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back