OP
Anthrilliel

Anthrilliel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I ve never felt so welcome anywhere online! Thank you all!

Welcome to R2R!! Ive got a 20g as well, so much fun! What kind of water are you going to be using? RO/DI or tap water with water conditioner? I have to use the water conditioner option and it can lead to algae outbreaks at some points in the tank, but every tank is different. Any idea what livestock youre going to put in there? Any corals?

I am trying to decide but there are so many choices! I know I will be getting a clown pair once the parameters settle. And I will be trying my hand in corals shortly after.

I am going to use RO/DI water going forward. I saw this twist in system that looks beginner friendly and I already have a hose adapter in my bathroom tap so I technically don't even have to mount it :)

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I ve never felt so welcome anywhere online! Thank you all!

I am trying to decide but there are so many choices! I know I will be getting a clown pair once the parameters settle. And I will be trying my hand in corals shortly after.

I am going to use RO/DI water going forward. I saw this twist in system that looks beginner friendly and I already have a hose adapter in my bathroom tap so I technically don't even have to mount it :)
Sounds great! Go with any of the ocellaris clowns, super cute and ultra beginner friendly, plus they come in lots of different varieties.

OP
OP
Anthrilliel

Anthrilliel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds great! Go with any of the ocellaris clowns, super cute and ultra beginner friendly, plus they come in lots of different varieties.
Do you think it would be ok to get different "colors" or would they consider themselves different species and fight it off? ( like a caramel and black ice)

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think it would be ok to get different "colors" or would they consider themselves different species and fight it off? ( like a caramel and black ice)
Well you could keep them together, but if you want them to pair up in a couple then its best just to get two of the same.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back