Talk to me about Aquaforest Reef Salt

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may want make a switch from Tropic Marin Pro. I spent a bit of time looking at alternatives today. What’s your experience and opinion on Aquaforest Reed salt? I’m also considering Brightwell what’s the gouge on Neomarine?

OP
OP
DWill

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why the move away from TM?

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you looking at the probiotic salt from AF? There's some weird "quirks" with probiotic salts.....other wise my limited exposure to AF reef salt has been good. I do not mix a lot or store a lot though.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did my first water change using AF reef salt, mixed up clean and to the parameters I run. The tenuis responded immediately with better polyp extension if that means anything. I have been using Turkey TMP salt and having issues so I decided to make the switch. It's early to tell but I have 6 boxes to go through so we'll see. I also like being able to see the ICP test from the batch of salt

Last edited:

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used AF reef salt previously and never had any issues with it. I did switchback to regular IO, but only for cost, since I now have AWC setup on almost all of my tanks and doing almost 100 gallons of WC a week IO just works for me on that.

I will say, I still am using what I had left (about 3 boxes) for some of my nano tanks and they are chugging along just like they should. Always mixes clear, always consistent and I like the fact I can look up my batch of salt to get exactly what it tested at when boxed up.

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using it since 2017 and has been great, only downside was the recent shortage and BRS stopped selling it (the salt), but marine depot had it at the time so I bought some from marine depot, and then BRS bought marine depot and again, stopped offering the salt.

So I bought a bucket of TMpro trying to switch, but luckily didn't get to use it yet (on my last AF bucket), now I am looking at red sea salt or brightwell.

that said coralvue still offering aq salt by the box.

branbray07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to use AF probio and loved it. Sadly , It was discontinued. So at the moment I’m looking into using the reef salt as well, but there is a huge shortage

OP
OP
DWill

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did my first water change using AF reef salt, mixed up clean and to the parameters I run. The tenuis responded immediately with better polyp extension if that means anything. I have been using Turkey TMP salt and having issues so I decided to make the switch. It's early to tell but I have 6 boxes to go through so we'll see. I also like being able to see the ICP test from the batch of salt
That does help, thank you. Will post after you've do e a couple of water changes.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back