Talk to me about Chalices please.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tahoe61
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
18,486
Reaction score
22,375
Location
AZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a couple Chalice I would like to add to my Pico. I am interested in Pink *******, Mummies Eye. The tank is only 7 inches deep, 24" long and has a Popbloom RL90. Don't know par but sps and clams are doing well.
1. Just speculating, but do you think the lighting would too much?
2. There are no fish or cuc so it's a low nutrient system that I dose with NeoNitro, Roids daily and Ammonium Chloride occasionally.
3. Chemistry is consistent with AFR.
Alk 9.3
Ca 410
Mag 1350
Nitrates 10
Phosphate 0.00 Salifert
SG 1.026

Should I save my money for a coral more appropriate for the tank?

TIA
:)
 
There are a couple Chalice I would like to add to my Pico. I am interested in Pink *******, Mummies Eye. The tank is only 7 inches deep, 24" long and has a Popbloom RL90. Don't know par but sps and clams are doing well.
1. Just speculating, but do you think the lighting would too much?
2. There are no fish or cuc so it's a low nutrient system that I dose with NeoNitro, Roids daily and Ammonium Chloride occasionally.
3. Chemistry is consistent with AFR.
Alk 9.3
Ca 410
Mag 1350
Nitrates 10
Phosphate 0.00 Salifert
SG 1.026

Should I save my money for a coral more appropriate for the tank?

TIA
:)

Find a slightly shaded area and go for it.
 
There are a couple Chalice I would like to add to my Pico. I am interested in Pink *******, Mummies Eye. The tank is only 7 inches deep, 24" long and has a Popbloom RL90. Don't know par but sps and clams are doing well.
1. Just speculating, but do you think the lighting would too much?
2. There are no fish or cuc so it's a low nutrient system that I dose with NeoNitro, Roids and Ammonium Chloride occasionally.
3. Chemistry is consistent with AFR.
Alk 9.3
Ca 410
Mag 1350
Nitrates 10
Phosphate 0.00 Salifert
SG 1.026

Should I save my money for a coral more appropriate for the tank?

TIA
:)
The only thing I learned about chalices when I kept them was they do fine until a goby starts throwing sand all over them!! Lol. I always was blowing sand off like every hour and it just killed the chalice.
 
I have not had those particular chalice but the ones I had, and still keep, are all decent par spots. Top of my rockwork and highest mount points in my tank

250+ par
 
There are a couple Chalice I would like to add to my Pico. I am interested in Pink *******, Mummies Eye. The tank is only 7 inches deep, 24" long and has a Popbloom RL90. Don't know par but sps and clams are doing well.
1. Just speculating, but do you think the lighting would too much?
2. There are no fish or cuc so it's a low nutrient system that I dose with NeoNitro, Roids daily and Ammonium Chloride occasionally.
3. Chemistry is consistent with AFR.
Alk 9.3
Ca 410
Mag 1350
Nitrates 10
Phosphate 0.00 Salifert
SG 1.026

Should I save my money for a coral more appropriate for the tank?

TIA
:)
both of those have been staples for awhile and have been under it all, same with legit jellybeans and rainbow crush's nothing like 2013 sunny D's.
Id go with the mummy eye as it colors really well into rainbow mummy eye in high par other than that it's the sweepers that you really need to worry about in pico good placement in the flow
 
both of those have been staples for awhile and have been under it all, same with legit jellybeans and rainbow crush's nothing like 2013 sunny D's.
Id go with the mummy eye as it colors really well into rainbow mummy eye in high par other than that it's the sweepers that you really need to worry about in pico good placement in the flow
Sweepers!! Important point. Thanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new