Tang Aggression? No…..Now BFFs

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when I was looking at which tangs to put in my new system, I received all sorts of warnings, don’t do this, don’t do that, they will kill each other etc,etc. Well, happily I ignored most of it and went with the Tangs I wanted. I did go with different sub species to mitigate possible aggression, but I still picked my favorites, two of which are suppose to be quite aggressive/territorial, but none of that ever transpired.

I picked a Powder Blue, Purple, Hippo and Tomini. The two biggest ones are the PB and Purple. Tomini was the tank resident and the other three were added together. The Tomini was a little fussy at first, but being the smallest made it quite futile for her to run the tank. she settled and follows the big guys around like a little puppy. The worry was the PB and Purple, but from day one, they have been like frick and frack…..best buddies. They swim together, graze together, feed together and even sleep together. Don’t think I could have ever imagined such a happy group. Note: I do feed them well, so that probably helped.

Jetson
8A22CAF6-3011-444B-B73D-9721472B1FC8.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So when I was looking at which tangs to put in my new system, I received all sorts of warnings, don’t do this, don’t do that, they will kill each other etc,etc. Well, happily I ignored most of it and went with the Tangs I wanted. I did go with different sub species to mitigate possible aggression, but I still picked my favorites, two of which are suppose to be quite aggressive/territorial, but none of that ever transpired.

I picked a Powder Blue, Purple, Hippo and Tomini. The two biggest ones are the PB and Purple. Tomini was the tank resident and the other three were added together. The Tomini was a little fussy at first, but being the smallest made it quite futile for her to run the tank. she settled and follows the big guys around like a little puppy. The worry was the PB and Purple, but from day one, they have been like frick and frack…..best buddies. They swim together, graze together, feed together and even sleep together. Don’t think I could have ever imagined such a happy group. Note: I do feed them well, so that probably helped.

Jetson
8A22CAF6-3011-444B-B73D-9721472B1FC8.jpeg
I have 20 tangs and no issues or damage
Once in a while the powder blue is C a jerk otherwise, peaceful bunch

OP
OP
AKL1950

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 20 tangs and no issues or damage
Once in a while the powder blue is C a jerk otherwise, peaceful bunch

How big is your tank that houses them? That’s a bunch. Do you have to feed a bunch of Nori to keep them happy?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
How big is your tank that houses them? That’s a bunch. Do you have to feed a bunch of Nori to keep them happy?
135g and other larger
Nori 2x a week as they get 27 different foods over the course of a week and key is good water quality management and diet

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back