Rating - 0%
0   0   0
72358913102__7617BA40-EAC2-46E4-A6F2-B2A12A06E84B.jpeg

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to put a mirror on each side panel of the tank. Hopefully that will help them not stay focused on each other at the center of the tank.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its a powder blue that yellows got another thing coming
Established tang keeps attacking new powder blue tang, should I put the yt in the sump for a couple days right now I put a separator in the middle of the tank it’s been 3 days of fight

OP
OP
R

rmaiolo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta be in the display or it’s pointless.. you can just put the yellow tang in time out in the sump if you want but most likely won’t change his tude.. it won’t be long and that powder blue will most likely destroy your yellow tang lol..
I put my yellow tang In acclimation box now the powder blue keeps going to try to attack him what the heck is going on here I don’t no who the aggressor is now lol

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Established tang keeps attacking new powder blue tang, should I put the yt in the sump for a couple days right now I put a separator in the middle of the tank it’s been 3 days of fighting
Mirrors did nothing for me. I introduce at lights out and assure lots of hiding spots and even relocate hiding areas when I introduce my tangs. Having 25 tangs, , squabbling is very minimal in my tank

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put my yellow tang In acclimation box now the powder blue keeps going to try to attack him what the heck is going on here I don’t no who the aggressor is now lol
Told ya! Powders play victim then pull that crap! I thought mine was sweet as can be until she turned on all my fish and started circling them and attacking them!

Toob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeding very heavy for a while is probably the best thing you can do, and make sure nori is available all day. Fat tangs are happy and mellow, and if a lot of food is around they are less territorial.

I have a PBT, YT, purple, whitetail, and convict - all added after the PBT. My PBT is obscenely fat but incredibly mellow.

I basically plan for a big nutrient spike any time I add a new fish, because I feed like crazy for a while to keep everyone chilled out. Like every couple hours.

OP
OP
R

rmaiolo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeding very heavy for a while is probably the best thing you can do, and make sure nori is available all day. Fat tangs are happy and mellow, and if a lot of food is around they are less territorial.

I have a PBT, YT, purple, whitetail, and convict - all added after the PBT. My PBT is obscenely fat but incredibly mellow.

I basically plan for a big nutrient spike any time I add a new fish, because I feed like crazy for a while to keep everyone chilled out. Like every couple hours.
Ya been feeding like crazy

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a ton of tangs and never had aggression.

Even had things like Achilles with an Achilles Hybrid and a ton of Zebrasomas.

One thing I did do was when I added my Gem Tang, I was worried about the huge Black Tang and the purple, yellows, black hybrid.

I put the Gem in an eggcrate cage that had some PVC in it. It lived there for about two months.

When I finally let him out, nobody cared.

Jjay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put a couple mirrors on your tank so they fight themselves and they normally chill..
I think this method is often underrated, but tends to provide the best outcomes. More mirrors the better!

Bwow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i placed an eggcrate in the middle of tank - yt on one side and bt on the other.. they'd see eachother and the yt would gun for it.. a week later, eggcrate off and now they're best buddies..

OP
OP
R

rmaiolo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aggression has drastically calmed down from home stop fighting and tail whipping to just chase around quickly and do their own thing and once in a while tail whip but not as close to as much is this a good sign ?

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aggression has drastically calmed down from home stop fighting and tail whipping to just chase around quickly and do their own thing and once in a while tail whip but not as close to as much is this a good sign ?
Yes that is common tang/tang behavior now. Its a "hey get away from me and where I am forging" then they go back to what to looking for food.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back