Tang compatibility

reelss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

I have a 4 foot 120 gallon tank with a pair of oscellaris clowns, a small six line and a small Kole Tang. I am looking to add a Blue Hippo, Blonde Naso and Powder Brown (all small) to the mix. These three will be added at the same time.

Will these all be compatible?

U

User1

View Badges
You do not have a large enough tank to support the new tangs you posted about (unless your tank size had a typo). You could probably fit in another bristletooth type although I believe the Kole won't appreciate it much.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

I have a 4 foot 120 gallon tank with a pair of oscellaris clowns, a small six line and a small Kole Tang. I am looking to add a Blue Hippo, Blonde Naso and Powder Brown (all small) to the mix. These three will be added at the same time.

Will these all be compatible?
I agree with the others.....I wouldn't add any other tangs in that size tank....yrs ago when I first started out I made the newbie mistake of adding a Tang that needed more room....I have a 4 ft tank....he became agressive....so back to the LFS he went....lesson learned....

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with the above. How about a yellow tang or any of the genicanthus angels? I have a yellow tang, yellow eyed kole tang and bellus angel that do great together in a 165g. I will probably only get one more tang or angel to keep everyone happy with plenty of space.

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry man I have to pile on too....your tank is way too small for those fish. I have a 250 and I don’t think that I would stock it with that (great by the way) group of fish.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed with the others. The 4 foot length is just too short to keep those tangs happy and an established Kole Tang might take issue with other tangs. As mentioned above you might be okay adding a Yellow as they are a different shape/look than your Kole, but that would be the absolute limit for tangs in that tank.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back