Tang dance

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Achilles and Powder Blue together since March of this year. I have noticed they have been doing the dance once in a while since the last few weeks. Is it a dominance or what?
@4FordFamily @ca1ore

This behavior is aggression, but not anything to necessarily worry about. It can turn worse. Also, it's a mating ritual for some acanthurus tangs. :)

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This behavior is aggression, but not anything to necessarily worry about. It can turn worse. Also, it's a mating ritual for some acanthurus tangs. :)
I hope my powder blue wasn't flirting with my emperor angel, that would be weird.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
secret_reefer337

secret_reefer337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the insights, I appreciate all of your responses. At least now i know that I have to watch them closely. Based on this actions, they are very different with the zebrasomas in my tank, they automatically flick their tails when they are in the mood to fight. But in fairness theses two acanthurus ignore each other 90% of the time. They even eat together or swim together sometimes.

I hope in the future I will not have to choose which one need to stay in my tank.

Back