Tang Experts needed!

To(meany)Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone hope yal are having an awesome day. I had a quick question that hopefully the tang experts can chime in on.
I currently have a foxface, tomini tang, blue hippo tang, orange shoulder tang, and a gold rim tang in my 200 gallon FOWLR .. I plan to add coral in the near future. My question is how probable would it be for me to add a chocolate tang as my final fish? The largest currently is my foxface at 5 inches. No aggression between any fish so far... Thank you for your time

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to point out that Acanthurus isn’t a family, the family is called Acanthuridae however Acanthurus is one of 6 genera in the tang family (Acanthuridae).
I definitely agree with though, tangs grow fast and so does their aggression, I have a CBB and scopas live together in harmony for 2 years then the scopas grew and snapped against the CBB.

pyramid butterflies are still risky, you can’t say everything is 100% reef safe. I’ve seen pyramids go for fleshy LPS and I’ve even seen tangs of rouge for corals. The tangs currently in the tank likely won’t take well to butterflies and start to show aggression. Pyramid Butterflies may be hardy however that’s only if they’re in before the tangs and other aggressive fish of similar body shapes.
My apologies thanks for the correction

Upvote 0

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 55 30.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 47 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 20.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back