Tang fighting and feeding

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 tangs one has been living in my sub for a few days now because it’s a bulky I know keeping two fish of the same look is a bad idea they worked for over a year and for the past month my yellow tang has been bullied by my scopas so the scopas is in jail. Do you think after some period of time the scopas could be released again and they won’t fight or should I just get rid of him. Don’t want to get rid of my wild yellow tang. And how much do you feed your tangs daily atm I feed one frozen cube and a little nori daily.

Reef AquaCult

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME it’s a crap shoot it might work but it might not. It sounds like you’re under feeding based on your comments. I’ve found it useful to book an airline to a wave maker and blast micro bubbles in the tank for several days to limit fighting and visibility. If it doesn’t work you can always trap one of them. Takes a few days but tangs will explore traps with food

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It often does work. Another option is to place a mirror in area where scopas hangs out and he will focus on the other imaginary scopas rather than the tang

OP
OP
Sexytang

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The scopas has taken over the main arch of my rock work.
03794A0D-7EFB-4E85-8B86-B5C5F2293DF0.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back