Tang fish laying under rock

CoryEaster23

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2019
Messages
69
Reaction score
85
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently bought a yellow tang and he keeps laying under one of my rocks. I’ve never seen them do this. And I tried to feed seaweed but he never went for it. Is he picking the algae from rock and sand bed?and sorry for the bad pic. Anytime I go to take one he moves lol

4884D0E7-D775-4A07-8D54-76B3B8EC757A.jpeg
 
A video might be better in this situation so we can see how he is swimming. He could just be trying to find a cave to hide in and have a home or it could be something more serious if he is swimming funky, breathing heavy,etc.
 
A video might be better in this situation so we can see how he is swimming. He could just be trying to find a cave to hide in and have a home or it could be something more serious if he is swimming funky, breathing heavy,etc.
I havnt seen him breathing funny or anything he just goes up under the rock for a bit and then pops back out and swims around pecking at the sand bed and rock where I have algae
 
I havnt seen him breathing funny or anything he just goes up under the rock for a bit and then pops back out and swims around pecking at the sand bed and rock where I have algae
If thats the case, if he has no unusual marks and is pecking for food i wouldnt worry to much. Most likely looking for a home.(maybe try rearranging some rock to make a small cave?) If you have a clip for nori sheets put some on there let it be, he should start eating within a day or two. :)
 
If thats the case, if he has no unusual marks and is pecking for food i wouldnt worry to much. Most likely looking for a home.(maybe try rearranging some rock to make a small cave?) If you have a clip for nori sheets put some on there let it be, he should start eating within a day or two. :)
Thank you so much. He looks healthy and he pecks around throughout the tank bit he is loving that one rock haha so I didn’t know exactly what was going on. But I’ll try to clip on the actual rock and see if he will go for it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new