Tang Hurt Its Tail

lilpew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’ve had this tang for about two months now. I woke up this morning to look at the tang and my chocolate tang has this scratch by its tail. Any idea what could have caused it?

2C71D3F5-C647-457D-BCD2-3D30CAF089FC.png 2681E44F-98C7-4BA1-8F27-E71A80F7A247.png

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He could’ve gotten it while sleeping in the rocks (sometimes they wedge themselves in too hard or get blown around in their sleep). Do you have any other tangs? Since it’s near the scalpel, it may have been a little fight between the two but likely not bad enough to separate the fish or anything like that

OP
OP
lilpew

lilpew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He could’ve gotten it while sleeping in the rocks (sometimes they wedge themselves in too hard or get blown around in their sleep). Do you have any other tangs? Since it’s near the scalpel, it may have been a little fight between the two but likely not bad enough to separate the fish or anything like that
Gotcha. But, no i don’t have any other tangs

OP
OP
lilpew

lilpew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous chocolate btw, love the yellow edge on the tail :)

It should heal up okay on its own, if you really want to give it a boost maybe soak the food/nori in garlic guard or something similar
Thank you! He is by far my favorite fish in the tank so it scared me when i saw it. I’ll probably soak the food in garlic guard to give him a boost

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back