Tang ID?

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2020
Messages
1,557
Reaction score
2,695
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this little guy about two months ago from a local pet shop that I won’t name. He was gasping and laying on the bottom of the tank getting ready to die. After a long ordeal of antibiotics and prazi I’m happy to say he’s now in great health! Only problem is I have no idea what kind of tang he is! Lol

Does anyone recognize what he is? The store had him listed as a “small tang”....not much help there. He’s definitely got a lot of sass for such a young fish! Haha

CF55C317-84CE-47BC-AFD2-AAB35430E434.jpeg
 
hi,atlantic blue??
 
Upvote 0
Acantharus Coeruleus—Atlantic Blue Tang (juvenile)
Atlantic Blue
Do all the juveniles have yellow coloration? I’d love it if he’s an Atlantic Blue since that’s a fish that’s on my wish list! His color only ranges from pale blueish grey to dark grey (when he’s upset)
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, all juvenile Atlantic blues are yellow.

Do you have a pic of it in your tank, with a couple more months of maturation?
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new