Tang in Reefer 250

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you upgrading to a larger tank in the future? You could house one for a while but eventually they'll outgrow it and you'll either have to upgrade or rehome it. If not I would not recommend it:)

OP
OP
drcole

drcole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you upgrading to a larger tank in the future? You could house one for a while but eventually they'll outgrow it and you'll either have to upgrade or rehome it. If not I would not recommend it:)
How much time would I have? I would love to upgrade in the future but at least a couple
of years away from that

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much time would I have? I would love to upgrade in the future but at least a couple
of years away from that
If you buy it really small, itd be a while before it got to big on you. And worse case scenario if it outgrows before you upgrade you can rehome it or trade it in to your lfs

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
of years away from that
Another question would be what do you have in the tank currently. Although little, tangs are constant eaters, and also constant poopers so your bioload would incresse.

kiddbid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a purple tang in my 250 for over 2 years. I feed a little nori on a clip just about every day. I occasionally treat him to fresh dragons breath. It's gone from about 2 to 5 inches nose to tail in that time. However the plan had been to be in a bigger tank this year. I only have 3 fish in the tank though and never more than 6. He and the two clowns hang out and then he roams about. The real problem was a yellow wrasse that grew from 1.5 in to about 5 and then just decimated my clean up crew and pod population. By the time I got him out the damage was done; my leopard wrasse and mandarin goby starved a few weeks later. It's not only whether the fish will do well in your system but also making sure that nothing gets too dominant any contained system.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 92 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back