Tang only hoding in tube qt

klavmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
took home a small tommy tong yesterday. LFS claims it has been quarantined with copper, but I take no chances and run qt. after the formalin dip and another dip, before it went into the qt tank, I thought it seemed a bit limp. it quickly hid in a pipe, now almost 24 hours have passed, and it seems that it is just hiding in the pipe. any advice on what I should do, doesn't seem very promising. have put out some brown seaweed on a pinch

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
took home a small tommy tong yesterday. LFS claims it has been quarantined with copper, but I take no chances and run qt. after the formalin dip and another dip, before it went into the qt tank, I thought it seemed a bit limp. it quickly hid in a pipe, now almost 24 hours have passed, and it seems that it is just hiding in the pipe. any advice on what I should do, doesn't seem very promising. have put out some brown seaweed on a pinch

Can you post a video?
Is it eating any food? You'll want to offer it meaty foods as well as the seaweed.

Do you know the dose of the formalin dip? I try to avoid formalin dips on new fish, it can be very stressful to them.

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Increase oxygen with air stone and provide video under white light intensity as requested by Jay

OP
OP
K

klavmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
want to see so much intresting on video, the clownfish it's in quarantine with swims around who couldn't care less about me. the surgeon is in the pvc pipe. but when I drop a bit of mysis into the qt it swims out, eats it and swims fast back into the pvc tube again. From what I've been able to see, it's breathing normally. but I have to sit completely still, as soon as it sees me it swims into the tube.

OP
OP
K

klavmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal i used the blue life safty stop, it says the contents of the bag to 3.8l of water for 45 min. it dosent look bad in shape when I saw it now, just very scared

OP
OP
K

klavmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal i used the blue life safty stop, it says the contents of the bag to 3.8l of water for 45 min. it dosent look bad in shape when I saw it now, just very scared
Did you aerate the water well during the 45 minutes?

Jay

OP
OP
K

klavmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you aerate the water well during the 45 minutes?

Jay
Yes, one airstone in eatch bucket produce 2l/min air. what may have affected it is that it is -10 celsius where I live now. When I picked up the fish from the store, it's a 5-minute walk to the subway, and about 5 minutes from the subway to the house (the subway is heated) I noticed the water in the bag was colder, but I took care to acclimatize for about 45 minutes

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back