Tang pacing on one end of tank?

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a blue eye tang about 10 days ago and put it in my 50g lagoon while i was preparing space to set up a 120g wide(4x3x1.5) lagoon to replace the 50g one so i can keep a tang or two. Yesterday i made the switch over to the 120g and put the tang and other fish in there. The tang didnt pace and acted like how it did in the smaller pond swimming in and out of rock and eating very well as before. This morning it was fine but in the evening i noticed it pacing at the end where the wavemaker and water outlet is. It’s literally just swimming in circles around the wavewaker then shooting out and back to it again. It still eats abit but not as aggressively like this morning. What’s happening? Stress from the move?

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do this when stressed. They also stay by wavemakers with disease though also. I would observe for a couple days and maybe change aquascape up a little if it continues maybe not enough pass throughs.

OP
OP
J

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do this when stressed. They also stay by wavemakers with disease though also. I would observe for a couple days and maybe change aquascape up a little if it continues maybe not enough pass throughs.
The first thing i did was look if it had ich or something bothering it. Didnt see anything, yet… checked other fish, didnt see anything either. The rest are all swimming around the rocks as usual. I will observe for a few more days. If it stops the pacing soon I guess it could be stress from the move but abit weird how it didn’t pace yesterday evening when i put it in. Didnt pace this morning either until 4pm just now.

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All 3, Saifin, Regal Blue and Yellow along with a Lemonpeel Angel (he thinks he’s a tang , a third their size) always hang on right side of the tank maybe they like TV lol. They do dominant aggression in the same side. I love tangs all the personality traits, you’ll read all kinds of conflicting behaviors here, so fun, like people!
Good Luck
Debramb

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 26 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back