Tang trio in a 4 foot 120 gallon tank?

reefinginBD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if I can keep a tomini tang, yellow tang and purple tang together in a 48x24x24 inch 120 gallon tank? Please let me know, thank you!

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank size is OK. They may be aggressive toward one another though. I would introduce them all at once (or the tomini first).

OP
OP
R

reefinginBD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank size is OK. They may be aggressive toward one another though. I would introduce them all at once (or the tomini first).
Yeah that’s what I was thinking of doing. I plan on adding the tomini tang first and then after a few months yellow and the purple. I might also add the tomini first, then the yellow and finally add the purple later, but then I guess I would have to keep the yellow in the sump for a few days and then add the purple and the yellow together.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that’s what I was thinking of doing. I plan on adding the tomini tang first and then after a few months yellow and the purple. I might also add the tomini first, then the yellow and finally add the purple later, but then I guess I would have to keep the yellow in the sump for a few days and then add the purple and the yellow together.
You really need to add the yellow and purple at the same time unless you want to chance loosing $200-$300. They are the same genus zebrasoma.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also tape a couple mirrors to the outside of the tank walls when the zebrasomas are added.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 8.8%
Back