OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Ich today I can’t see it really on my tang now. All I see are little drown dots where the Ich was. Is this healing or did it turn into Black Ich?

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: So it's been almost 2 weeks. with Ich. My tang still has ich on him, I can see it best in different lights. Its small white spots. He kinda seems to be swimming funny now but that might be in my head. No other fish are showing symptoms. Im using Ich Attack every night, im on my second bottle. I did a water change focusing on sucking up the sand bed, im doing another change tonight. Hopping any ich that fell I can get up. I don't know lol..

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try the fine filter mesh or diatom filter? Can't hurt

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a divers den order of a Tomi tang and a blenny. Should I cancel the order? I assume so as my fish is showing ich.

I feel you are going too fast. You need to learn patience. I find in this hobby (also in general), short cuts lead to more work.

I know it is difficult to resist the urge to put your new fish right into the DT after a drip acclimation. But quarantine is HUGE in this hobby, as I am certain you now see.

I QT 3 months before going to the DT. And if there are any signs of disease during that time, I treat, wait for it to clear up and THEN, reset the 3 month clock.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had success going Hypo and doing 5 minute Fresh Water dips.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich attack will NOT erradicate ich.

Only proven methods are TTM, Hypo, CP or copper. That is likely why you are still seeing symptoms.
This. Moving all to a qt tank and treating is the best way to completely eradicate the ich.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This. Moving all to a qt tank and treating is the best way to completely eradicate the ich.

Also to add to this. Keeping an Acanthurus tang in an ich management tank long term is not the best thing to attempt IMO.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also to add to this. Keeping an Acanthurus tang in an ich management tank long term is not the best thing to attempt IMO.
Or any tang for that matter, from my experience and reading, they're one of the most prone to ich attack :)

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice. Catching the fish is not an option. Ich management is only option. I did not try diatom filter yet. They are bulky and ugly in my tank lol

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice. Catching the fish is not an option. Ich management is only option. I did not try diatom filter yet. They are bulky and ugly in my tank lol
Why is catching the fish not an option? It's definitely ALOT of work, but it's always an option.

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is catching the fish not an option? It's definitely ALOT of work, but it's always an option.

I have 160lbs of LR thats glued. It wont move even if I punch it. The fish are so fast its insane. I have 12 fish. 1 Gobey thats in a hole all day long and 2 fire fish that are the fastest fish in the world.

TankLife86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look into Microbe Lift Herbtana... I treated my 120gal for 10days and now I don't have the pest getting out of control. I lost 3 of my tangs due to ich but then again Tangs are kinda prone to getting ich unfortunately.

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look into Microbe Lift Herbtana... I treated my 120gal for 10days and now I don't have the pest getting out of control. I lost 3 of my tangs due to ich but then again Tangs are kinda prone to getting ich unfortunately.

Thank you for the info! I like the fact it says: "Herbtana causes the removal or dropping of parasites from their host. During treatment, parasites are unable to return to the host and starve. While Microbe-Lift Herbtana does not directly kill parasites, it is ultimately responsible for parasite death"

Ick attack does not say this... I might give it a try! Did you notice any issues with your corals?

TankLife86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the info! I like the fact it says: "Herbtana causes the removal or dropping of parasites from their host. During treatment, parasites are unable to return to the host and starve. While Microbe-Lift Herbtana does not directly kill parasites, it is ultimately responsible for parasite death"

Ick attack does not say this... I might give it a try! Did you notice any issues with your corals?
No man none of my corals died or maybe stressed out but it doesnt affect your corals at all since it has no copper in it. The only thing I noticed after treatment was like scars on 2 of my fish from the ich hosting them other than it is completely coral safe man. Don't wait too long especially for your Tangs they're beautiful and they can't survive too long if they have ick (2-3 days the longest)

iDeath

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, just feed the fish super well. That is your best bet right now. At some point if your fish are healthy the ich will come into balance and you won't even see it anymore... but yes it will still be in there.

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No man none of my corals died or maybe stressed out but it doesnt affect your corals at all since it has no copper in it. The only thing I noticed after treatment was like scars on 2 of my fish from the ich hosting them other than it is completely coral safe man. Don't wait too long especially for your Tangs they're beautiful and they can't survive too long if they have ick (2-3 days the longest)

Thanks. My tang has had ich for almost 2 weeks. I been using ick attach but I will switch to the one you recommend bc it says it can starve the Ich. That could potentially in my mind kill off the Ich

TankLife86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. My tang has had ich for almost 2 weeks. I been using ick attach but I will switch to the one you recommend bc it says it can starve the Ich. That could potentially in my mind kill off the Ich
Yeah does the tank as recommended and I was feeding the fish normally but I bought a small container of seachem Metroplex to mix in with their food diet to kill off anything inside their system

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah does the tank as recommended and I was feeding the fish normally but I bought a small container of seachem Metroplex to mix in with their food diet to kill off anything inside their system

Smart thinking. How long you been Ich free? I’m looking for hope lol

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 71 47.3%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back