Tang with ICH

TankLife86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smart thinking. How long you been Ich free? I’m looking for hope lol
Yes good luck bro! It worked out very well for me so I will stand by that product! I have been ich free for 6 months now but also look into buying yourself a uv sterilizer after you control the ich infestation cuz that kills the unwanted bacteria in your tank.

iDeath

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metro will kill the ich on the fish.. but ich will still be in the system. You can't fully remove ich from a tank that has it without letting the tank go fallow. But seriously, ich is not the end of the world. Probably 98% of the systems or more have it... just in a balanced state. Ich doesn't want to kill the host it just wants to perpetuate itself. If your fish are showing major ich infection use food soaked in metro and focus. Otherwise it will work itself out.

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metro will kill the ich on the fish.. but ich will still be in the system. You can't fully remove ich from a tank that has it without letting the tank go fallow. But seriously, ich is not the end of the world. Probably 98% of the systems or more have it... just in a balanced state. Ich doesn't want to kill the host it just wants to perpetuate itself. If your fish are showing major ich infection use food soaked in metro and focus. Otherwise it will work itself out.

I have metro and focus for internal parasites. I did not know it also works for ich. Ill add that to my daily feeding.

TankLife86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TankLife86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That link was to a filter lol
Oops sorry man... I have the same water polishing filter in my sump and you will have to turn off all filters and your skimmer so the medication just runs through your tank sorry forgot to mention that earlier.
20180727_153500.jpeg

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops sorry man... I have the same water polishing filter in my sump and you will have to turn off all filters and your skimmer so the medication just runs through your tank sorry forgot to mention that earlier.
20180727_153500.jpeg

Cool. That filter will that get Ich and stuff like that? Is it worth running that filter next to my skimmer? I do use filter shocks but I’m assuming Ich can get through that.

Also the meds I’m using now I have carbon out and the skimmer off. Thanks for the tip tho :)

TankLife86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. That filter will that get Ich and stuff like that? Is it worth running that filter next to my skimmer? I do use filter shocks but I’m assuming Ich can get through that.

Also the meds I’m using now I have carbon out and the skimmer off. Thanks for the tip tho :)
No that filter is only made to polish your water to make clear. Don't buy the filter to try n get rid of ich that's not what it's for but yes I am running that filter next to my skimmer now but again don't think this media filter will get rid of ich! Ich is not necessarily in your water it's in your sand bed n you'll never fully get rid of them controlling it is the only thing you can do.

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No that filter is only made to polish your water to make clear. Don't buy the filter to try n get rid of ich that's not what it's for but yes I am running that filter next to my skimmer now but again don't think this media filter will get rid of ich! Ich is not necessarily in your water it's in your sand bed n you'll never fully get rid of them controlling it is the only thing you can do.

Ok thanks. I had 2 people say it will filter out the Ich

Mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Run it in the tank. The pleated micron filter will trap free swimming Theronts. But theronts stay close to substrate. Therefore filter will be more effective in tank near substrate. It won’t eliminate ich but reduce the number of free swimmers and help give fish a fighting chance.

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is not accurate. If that were the case only sand dwelling fish would get ich... it goes through life cycle stages and you can certainly get rid of it if you use a proven method and not some snake oil bottled product. UV, Ozone, diatom filter etc alk work. They will filter out/kill enough that the fish can handle what's left and build resistance. It makes the numbers more manageable for the fish like in the wild. Once they are "immune" there's nothing for ich to host and it eventually dies off.

I've had ich in my tank and it killed a number of fish. Then I got a 57watt UV sterilizer and no longer have any issues. My hippo tang used to get a few spots on occasion, I'd run the UV for a few nights and it would be gone. As testament, I just introduce a small Achilles tang a couple weeks ago and no signs of ich.

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it’s been 2 weeks with the Ich out break. Everything is still fine but the tang had dark patches on his body. Last time people said it might be scares? It just looks so strange. His body just looks funny. He has some white spots and definitely on his fins.

Still riding the wave but the scares are strange. Someone even said it might be a parasite eating him inside . He’s still scratching on the sand bed.
900DB641-97BB-4311-8BC5-514AFA2A1343.png

67chevellemalibu2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
80CB6476-3398-462F-ABEF-6070F92B5EC3.jpeg
Can’t move anything. It is what it is..

I think I’m going to try Ich Attach at least to help heal them if they get an infection. I hope they stay healthy and stay eating.

I just ordered 2 fish off of divers den today. Spent $100.00 I hope I can cancel my order.
That’s a joke. You pay a lot more for a fish off Divers Den and it still has ich. This is a tough hobby to be in.

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems I might be losing the battle to ich.

2 of my anthias are missing.
Flame angel is now covered
Clown fish has a few spots
Wrasse has a spot

All the fish seem to be very active which is strange. I’m continuing dosing ich attack and feeding extra with garlic. I don’t believe this works at this point. I believe the Ich fell off and has hatched back into the tank finding a new hosts and it did.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems I might be losing the battle to ich.

2 of my anthias are missing.
Flame angel is now covered
Clown fish has a few spots
Wrasse has a spot

All the fish seem to be very active which is strange. I’m continuing dosing ich attack and feeding extra with garlic. I don’t believe this works at this point. I believe the Ich fell off and has hatched back into the tank finding a new hosts and it did.
This sounds like certain velvet and ich attack will do absolutely nothing but stress your fish further, they need to be removed and treated ASAP

OP
OP
Neo Jeo

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sounds like certain velvet and ich attack will do absolutely nothing but stress your fish further, they need to be removed and treated ASAP

Still looks like ich but maybe not. It’s been on the tang for 2 weeks I thought velvet kills in days

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 28.5%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 72 47.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back