Tangs in 55?

  • Thread starter Thread starter karlaramey
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

karlaramey

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 1, 2026
Messages
40
Reaction score
15
Location
augusta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. New to the community. Are tangs ok for a 55? Fish only aquarium. Thanks much !!
 
Maybe a Tomini, but really too small for all the others and 1 would be the max. I have a Hippo that has grown rapidly to 6" in 16 Months. My Purple has gotten big fast also.
 
Tangs are beautiful fish, honestly a 55 is too small for one. I would go 100g minimum for any tang. They grow pretty fast and need good swimming room. You may be able to keep a Juvenal for a little while but plan on upgrading your tank as it grows.
 
Maybe a Tomini, but really too small for all the others and 1 would be the max. I have a Hippo that has grown rapidly to 6" in 16 Months. My Purple has gotten big fast also.
Thanks so much !!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new