TANGS love fruit!!!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love me my Atlantic Dulse...I snack on it while I watch the Tang make a meal of it lol...
Hi Canuck, To be honest, I had to look up “dulce”. I’m now on board lol. So how do you consume this delicacy? Out of a bag, on a cracker???

Also looked up Atlantic Dulse. Just ordered couple ounces of leaf for tangs (and me)

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
7509EA54-6C06-449D-9F75-CD2598828792.jpeg
DF441DB8-90A8-4C36-8ABA-A85A6EEDAA3C.jpeg
4E892F72-9667-4800-B082-D18BF800DEB5.jpeg
CBADC37C-C2C9-46EF-B9DE-675748541B10.jpeg
What if, we fed fruits to angelfish in a sense to replace the sponge sugar? I might try this with my angel and see how she responds.

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeding time ,will report back.. :cool:
IMG_0435.JPG
Looking forward to it! :)
What if, we fed fruits to angelfish in a sense to replace the sponge sugar? I might try this with my angel and see how she responds.
For some species of Wrasses, Angels, Box and Puffer fish, sponges make up 70% of their diet.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
banana for potassium
romaine lettuce
peas
Broccoli crowns

Coffee - OK, JK on this one.
And you just toss it in there raw after a rinse? I’ve heard of the veggies for tangs but never tried it

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk man. Im a huge believer in sticking with foods natural to their diet in the wild.

I think unnatural things like this could cause internal problems, like liver problems.... shortening their life
This is how I feel about food in the USA. Chemical preservation is hard to avoid and I like my food freshly made, not made to stay fresh.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i did not rinse, ,diced in 1/4 cubes 8 hard to get pics ..but they loved it.. ;) Friday will run fishing line through ,to hold
see what they do to a whole BANANA...:cool: It was a frenzy..;)
IMG_9259.JPG
IMG_9266.JPG
IMG_9273.JPG

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk man. Im a huge believer in sticking with foods natural to their diet in the wild.

I think unnatural things like this could cause internal problems, like liver problems.... shortening their life

I mean... heck. Feed them chunks of pizza, tacos, steak, chicken and bacon while we're at it :rolleyes:

In turn.... maybe us R2R reefers can start eating corals like Montis to replace potato chips, anemones with bounce mushrooms instead of soup

Just sayin

My fish always want a cigarette and cup of coffee with their desert.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey ZW, So your argument is that they are “unnatural” They might be uncommon to sea creatures but they are “of nature”. 150 years ago if you were born in the middle of our great country on a farm, you would have never seen and not have been eating Avacados, Mangos
and Chick Peas. Not because they aren’t natural but because they weren’t yet introduced to or available to our diet yet. These products are still good for us. My gut says. Things like bananas, strawberries and watermelon just might be a really good “natural” supplement to our fishes diets. :)

You guys do you.

I'll do me... and not stress my fish's liver and kidneys

Last edited:
OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, I can't find any information other than a repeated article on sea sponges and sugar.
I threw a slice of strawberry in the tank, only fish who bothered was my wrasse. I pretty much got that look, "why you so stupid?" from him.
Fish are often times finicky. Try banana, fig, apricot and watermelon. All have been a hit in my tank. But some fish won’t be bothered.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fish are often times finicky. Try banana, fig, apricot and watermelon. All have been a hit in my tank. But some fish won’t be bothered.
I am taking this as a serious topic. Probably a lot more than I should.
If it's true about sponges and sugars. I wish there was a bit more research on this. I know my angelfish searches the tank as if something is missing from her diet. She has eaten all visible non photosynthetic sponges. She has no taste for the photosynthetic ones.
I'll stop thinking about it.

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how I feel about food in the USA. Chemical preservation is hard to avoid and I like my food freshly made, not made to stay fresh.
A good point. An Organic version of these fruits would definitely be a more responsible choice.

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I mean... heck. Feed them chunks of pizza, tacos, steak, chicken and bacon while we're at it :rolleyes:

In turn.... maybe us R2R reefers can start eating corals like Montis to replace potato chips, anemones with bounce mushrooms instead of soup

Just sayin

agreed. Not on the eating corals part though... lol

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just sayin

Holy heck Debbie Downer

Back