Tank 2 ~ My 90 SCA

Cdelonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after 3 years with my Red Sea 130D AIO I am upgrading... This thread is a bit late as I am well into the first few months with the new tank... Just a quick rundown of equipment ~ (Used) 90G 36X24X24 SCA tank...

I'm of course still in an ugly period with diatoms but water is fairly stable and all occupants seem very happy & healthy.

1. Tank = Used 90G SCA
  2. 50lbs Live Rock
  3. 20G Sump ~ Refugium filled with live rock for now.. 35lbs
  4. 10G ATO With Reefbreeders ATO
  5. Lighting = Two (2) Red Sea Reef LED's 50's
  6. Power Head = Started with a Jaebo CP120 and ended up changing to a Sine Wave Pump
Stock:
  1. Gold Banded Maroon CF ~ (Moved From Old Tank)
  2. PJ Cardinal ~ (Moved From Old Tank)
  3. Tang ~ Young
  4. Diamond Goby
  5. CUC from ReefCleaners
  6. BTA ~ (Moved From Old Tank)
  7. Frogspawn (From Old Tank)
  8. Candy Cane Coral (From Old Tank)
  9. Green Monticap ~New
  10. Zoa's ~ New
Tank 2 6-20-2020.jpg

Tank 2 6-20-2020.jpg

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to be beautiful tanks— but someone just got one and said on his thread that the bulkheads were sub-par (cheap) and he had to upgrade them immediately. What did you think about the quality of the bulkheads?

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to be beautiful tanks— but someone just got one and said on his thread that the bulkheads were sub-par (cheap) and he had to upgrade them immediately. What did you think about the quality of the bulkheads?

not sure if this was for OP or me but I'll give my 2 cents, its been a few years now but I think I replaced them too. the only grip I had with the tank was the huge internal over flow box if I was to do it again and I have thought about it, I would have them drill it foe ext. slim over flow.

OP
OP
Cdelonj

Cdelonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a very difficult time with the bulkheads... not sure its an SCA problem or not but I finally broke down and used just a bit of silicon around them and they have been great so far.. I think the holes that are drilled are just a tad bit large. I have not seen a stand yet that makes it easy to tighten or loosen the bulkheads either...

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read somewhere not to use Silicon on bulkheads; but I have a bottom-drilled tank and just lathered-up the whole thing— gasket, threads, both sides of the glass. It’s been fine.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back