OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night while my wife was making dinner she fell face down on the kitchen floor. She didn't get to hurt but it scared the moose out of me.
She does fall occasionally and I just hope she doesn't break anything.
But today she seems fine so far.
Nothing to report on fish because the light is still out and I have not looked at them yet. But if the water is still in the tank, I will call it a good day.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night while my wife was making dinner she fell face down on the kitchen floor. She didn't get to hurt but it scared the moose out of me.
Nothing to report on fish because the light is still out and I have not looked at them yet. But if the water is still in the tank, I will call it a good day.
I'm glad she didn't get hurt too badly.

My wife is nicely bruised up from a fall while cleaning the bath tub.... seriously... she is just a bit on the clumsy side. No medical conditions to justify her falling. Some days I worry she falls on purpose to make people think I abuse her. :confused:

:p

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ouch, sorry to hear about your wife's header. Glad she's alright, and that you were able to hold onto your moose!
What part of the island are you on? My wife's family lives up there. I'd pay real money to spend an hour or two NOT at their house o_O

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad she didn't hurt herself too badly!

Please tell her hello.

My parents are 87. Most days are great days. A few days are not so much.

Wish you both the best.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone wants this clam coffee table, it is free. I have the glass top which is chipped. Pearl is not real. :rolleyes: It is about 17" high.
No, I am not going to ship it. :cool: I am in Suffolk Long Island

I also have a de humidifier, also free, it is about 2' high works well, someone just gave me another one.

This is all fish related because the thing is a shell and the de humidifier is for fish tank humidity. :D

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sponges. As I was washing my car yesterday I was thinking about sponges. I added this light blue sponge to my tank maybe 15 years ago and the thing really took off. I feel that is a good thing because for it to grow like that it has to be filtering a lot of gunk out of my water which is probably why it looks like gin. I may have accidently spilled a bottle of gin in there but I am not sure.

The sponge tries to grow over everything but it is very easy to trim with an Xacto knife or razor blade.
I feed my tank a lot of clams and there is a lot of clam juice that comes from that. Corals love clam juice (I think) but I am sure the sponge sucks it all up. Sponges filter about 20,000 times their own weight of seawater every day so I am sure all of my water goes through my sponges every day.

I wrote this about sponges a couple of years ago:
http://www.saltwatersmarts.com/?s=sponges

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Table is gone. :D

I just fed my fish and gave them some white worms. OMG I have a lot of those suckers. They go through a stale, frozen slice of whole grain bread with yogurt on it in a couple of days.

They are totally different than the worm culture I started out with and looks like I mixed in Godzilla DNA but I don't remember doing that.
Of course the fish love them but I also feed all the other LPS little mouths that I could swear smile after they have a bite.
LPS are growing up the walls as are the SPS but I am not sure what they are eating besides clam juice. All is well. :D

I have been building this fireplace/TV thing in my living room that is coming out very nice. I will post pictures. Tomorrow I hope to get the stone that will be on the hearth. I also am trying to get a non pressure treatd railroad tie for the mantle. I am having a lumber yard cut one for me. :cool:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went to my knee surgeon and he wants to operate again. I don't think he made enough on the first one as he wants to take another trip around the world in a Kayak.

On my way home I picked up an elegance coral which is very cool. I had trouble placing it because everything is growing very well and there is no room. My sponges kind of take up all the real estate.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was just getting caught up and just read this post, and said a prayer for you and your wife. I'm so glad she's ok, but I can't imagine how scary this would be.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Mbannister. Yesterday she had an accident with her car which didn't help either. But no one got hurt, the car isn't in good shape and needs 2 doors, some wheels etc.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks Mbannister. Yesterday she had an accident with her car which didn't help either. But no one got hurt, the car isn't in good shape and needs 2 doors, some wheels etc.
:(:(:( praying, my friend.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As hard as I try (which isn't very hard) to visualize you and Christie in a pool Paul, I just keep seeing her and I together.

Sorry.

I have seen your picture, she definitely goes for me. And besides we are practically neighbors. :rolleyes:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 73.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back