OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have enough tools to build a space shuttle using 27 mechanic students all working with both hands and enough left over to open a Home Depot. A small Home Depot but a Home Depot none the less.

Besides that, I got those tools in an antique shop for a buck each. :D

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have enough tools to build a space shuttle using 27 mechanic students all working with both hands and enough left over to open a Home Depot. A small Home Depot but a Home Depot none the less.

Besides that, I got those tools in an antique shop for a buck each. :D
A buck each .... you were robbed [emoji12]

tony'stank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I think my Matted Filefish is a goner. Fettuccine I put him in the tank he disappeared for two days. Then I shut off my pumps sp I could target feed my feather duster. As soon I shut off my MP40 the Filefish shot off it like a rocket. Despite having a foam sleeve on the MP40 it must have been strong enough to pin down the fish. The Filefish swam around a little looking disoriented then disappeared in the rocks. Since it always look like a dead rock I can’t find it but it is probably dead. The aiptasia are clapping and cheering like crazy.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to rescue my box fish twice in the last five minutes. First he was stuck to a powerhead. My powerheads are all screened but I just found out there is a crack in one and it is sucking in water at that place. I don't know how long he was stuck there but his side is all white and "dented". I lost most of my box fish to powerheads as they swim as good as a brick.

Then he was stuck in a "net" of spaghetti worm snot. I mean, that stuff is as thin as a spider web but he couldn't pull through. I doubt he will last long in my tank as he is not exactly Rambo and is kind of a Sissy Mary fish. I should not have gotten him as he is real small and kind of Nerdy.

FlyPenFly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to rescue my box fish twice in the last five minutes. First he was stuck to a powerhead. My powerheads are all screened but I just found out there is a crack in one and it is sucking in water at that place. I don't know how long he was stuck there but his side is all white and "dented". I lost most of my box fish to powerheads as they swim as good as a brick.

Then he was stuck in a "net" of spaghetti worm snot. I mean, that stuff is as thin as a spider web but he couldn't pull through. I doubt he will last long in my tank as he is not exactly Rambo and is kind of a Sissy Mary fish. I should not have gotten him as he is real small and kind of Nerdy.
Hopefully doesn't poison your whole tank when he let's out his last fart.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does he still have his spots?

Of course.:cool:

I think that is an old wives tale about him poisoning everything when he lets out his last fart. But he will probably croak as he has no survival skills. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today my wife and I are going to clean the boat as it is to dirty to go out in tomorrow. We will just do a light cleaning as I am having the marina compound and wax it. I did that myself all my life but I got old (er) and now let them do that.

I inadvertently left a beer and an energy drink in the refrigerator where of course they exploded when they froze and turned into a sticky punch that needs to be scraped out.

The boat started right up and I hope to take some long rides this year. I have saved for boat gas all winter as the boat is not all that efficient.
It costs something like $1.25 a minute to run so I won't be going to Europe any time soon. :confused:
(I just figured that out in my head so I could be way off) :rolleyes:

I hope this year to find an amphipod collection place because the water here on the South Shore is not rocky and I hardly found any last year. I can collect mud anywhere so I will be sure to get some of that. :D

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today my wife and I are going to clean the boat as it is to dirty to go out in tomorrow.
It's been awhile since I've seen an update on your supermodel. How is she doing?
Is the new house working out for her as well as hoped?

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brew, she has her issues and MS doesn't get better. But we are dealing with it. She is getting happier now because it is a nice day and not raining. The Snow Birds are coming back from Florida and it is getting more populated, parties everywhere, the pool is open and the boat is working.
Thank you for asking about her.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had some visitors yesterday and I let a very cute little girl feed my tank. The fish got enough food for a month so they should be very happy. :confused:

My wife and I went to clean the boat yesterday and the thing was filthy. I can't take it out today and it is the first Memorial Day I will miss boating in more years than I can remember. It's just to dirty and moldy. This is the first winter I stored it here on the south shore of Long Island and it must be damper here as it was never this dirty. The marina can't clean it for 2 weeks so I will go down there this morning before it gets too hot to do another preliminary cleaning so we can at least go out on it. I like my boat to be pristine, even the bilge so I have a lot of work to do.

Unfortunately I am also building a wall in my living room for the 7' (electric) firefplace and TV I am building.
I built the entire wall on wheels in a different part of the living room and when it is finished, I will just roll it into place.
The thing is all surrounded in 18 gauge steel panels that I had custom cut and I polished and sprayed them with a clear coat. It goes along with the industrial look of the rest of our place. I will take some pictures eventually.

If it doesn't come out good, I will just hang a picture of Christie Brinkley, or better yet, my Grand Daughter and call it a day.

(getting her ears pierced)

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't take it out today and it is the first Memorial Day I will miss boating in more years than I can remember. It's just to dirty and moldy. This is the first winter I stored it here on the south shore of Long Island and it must be damper here as it was never this dirty.
This is a year of first for many boaters, its been so cold and wet the Marinas yards are still full of shrink wrapped boats.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reef is doing exceptionally well and I am not sure why but I am as happy as I can be. Well I could be happier but I don't hear Christie Brinkley ringing my door bell so I am almost as happy as I could be. ;)
I have 6 or 7 SPS for over a year since I moved here and they have been growing nicely and almost doubled in size. All my gorgonians are also growing fast and the LPS are all smiling and doing the Macarana.

I do have to trim my blue sponge as it is trying to take over and is growing faster than the Macropora.

I see multitudes of tiny creatures climbing on everything and no, they are not pods. They look like tiny lobsters and may be Godzilla Larvae. I will have to microscope one of them to make sure.
All my fish are also dancing especially the Janss pipefish, possum wrasse, gecko gobies, scooter "bleeny" and copperband. I need to put the copperband on Jenny Craig as I think she is a little too rotund and it is not flattering.

I don't know how many fish I have because I have 5 or 6 hiders which I only see every other Tuesday on a leap year but I guess there are about 25 or so.
Nothing has died or gotten sick (which I knew wouldn't happen) in the year since I moved. Nothing has gotten sick in over 30 years so that is not a big Whoop.

Spaghetti worms and asternia stars are all over the place but I consider them free inverts. I did see two aiptasia today which I killed but I am sure there are more. They don't bother me and years ago I used to feed them because they were the only inverts we could get.

This tiny boxfish did get stuck to a powerhead and got crushed just before I went to the Caribbean and I have not found him so I figured he croaked. But that doesn't count. I can't keep those little guys as they swim as well as a bumper from a 1966 Ford Fairlane.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back