Tank birthday, 47+ years

saintsreturn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I intentionally ignore the updates on this thread because i find it rather enjoyable to scroll through a couple pages at a time versus reading each update. I remember the recent adventure in replacing the brakes on my last truck. Went to Autozone... left there and then sat in the parking lot and ordered brakes from Amazon. Luckily, my area has 1 hour to same day delivery. Much easier than those clowns.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rybren, my Mother used to grind up the dried figs to make Italian cookies which I can't spell but it was something like Goochidata's. I actually have some in my fridge. :cool:

Victoria, soon. :D
I always printed well and if I have time, I print very well. In grammar school they called my Mother up to the school because the teacher said I was cheating on my homework and using a ruler. I think we were learning how to print and it was very large. :rolleyes:

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Paul and Jerry! It's been such a long time and I was shocked to see you both in the same thread here. I've chatted with Jerry a couple of times Paul but just can never seem to catch up with you.
Last time was just after your daughter got married, if my memory serves me! Lol

Hope you and yours are doing well Paul! As far as you Jer, you are tough as nails. Stay strong and healthy! Love ya!

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Paul and Jerry! It's been such a long time and I was shocked to see you both in the same thread here. I've chatted with Jerry a couple of times Paul but just can never seem to catch up with you.
Last time was just after your daughter got married, if my memory serves me! Lol

Hope you and yours are doing well Paul! As far as you Jer, you are tough as nails. Stay strong and healthy! Love ya!

It's like old home week! How are you doing? Well, I hope.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terry_ann, Wow that was a long time ago. I even got some of these since then. How are you doing?
Ever meet my Viet Nam Buddy there on Rural Rte 1. There can't be too many people living on that road.

It's very nice to hear from you. Whats new?

tony'stank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Paul,
I’m at page 122 of this thread but I just had to jump ahead to let you know how much I appreciated it. It’s a great thread and I have enjoyed reading it.
We have some similarities. I am 72, and have been keeping aquariums since I was ten years old. The only times I have not had aquariums was the 8 years I was in school. I started my first 60 Gal saltwater tank in 1978. In 1981 I started a a 125 G mixed reef tank, after reading G Smit’s articles in FAMA. I made my own lights from metal halide outdoor landscape lights and shop fluorescent T5. I made a sump out of a 40G long Aquarium and made my own wet/dry filter. I even made my own bulkheads out of plastic garden hose parts. I unfortunately don’t have your mechanical and electrical skills, so when better made equipment became available I bought them. I also wasn’t in the service like, and I salute you for it. I have never lived less than 500 miles from the ocean. I kept that tank going for 24 years. My more recent tanks are of much shorter duration. In the 41 years that I have had saltwater tanks I have moved 7 times (5 houses And 2 apartments). I even lived for 8 years in the AZ desert. My nearest LFS was ninety miles away in Las Vegas.
Currently I am semi-retired and live in the Detroit area. I have a 90 Gal RSR450. It is a mixed reef with 12 fish, and some SPS but mosstly LPS and gorgonions and rock anemones. I feed live black worms and brine shrimp once or twice a week. The rest of the time I use high quality frozen food. In addition whatever fresh fish we are eating that week gets chopped up and fed to the fish. The only time I have fish deaths are when they have jumped out. The only coraldeaths I have are when I do something stupid like putting the wrong animals too close together.
I’m sorry I have written so much about myself. The intent of this post was to let you know how much I have learned and appreciated what you have written.
Thank you

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m at page 122 of this thread

You mean, on Purpose!!:eek:

OMG.

You sound like you could be my brother. Or at least first cousin, three times removed.
Nice to meet you brother. :D

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi beautiful. How are you feeling these days?

Oh, Wait, I thought you were talking to me!!! :rolleyes:

My hippo tang seems to be feeling better and that spot on his black stripe looks a lot better. I will check him when the lights come on. If not, I can always paint over it with a blue permanent marker. ;)

Today we are getting the little home wreckers for a couple of days, special delivery all the way from lower Manhattan so I won't be able to do anything for a while except clean up. They like to leave stuff around and lick the mirrors and windows. I also have to put the sunken ship with the bubbles back into my tank that they gave me two Christmasses ago. They look for it when they come over and I had it in there for Easter.

The other 3 or 4 fish I added this month are all doing fine. No crashing, no ich, no psoriasis, no quarantine, no nothing. :D

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, Wait, I thought you were talking to me!!! :rolleyes:

My hippo tang seems to be feeling better and that spot on his black stripe looks a lot better. I will check him when the lights come on. If not, I can always paint over it with a blue permanent marker. ;)

Today we are getting the little home wreckers for a couple of days, special delivery all the way from lower Manhattan so I won't be able to do anything for a while except clean up. They like to leave stuff around and lick the mirrors and windows. I also have to put the sunken ship with the bubbles back into my tank that they gave me two Christmasses ago. They look for it when they come over and I had it in there for Easter.

The other 3 or 4 fish I added this month are all doing fine. No crashing, no ich, no psoriasis, no quarantine, no nothing. :D

I just laugh at this! I love it!
Of course Jerry was talking to me!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a week in my tank my new little Hippo Tang lost that white fungus or whatever it was, spot on his black stripe. I just took this picture.

This is when I bought him a week ago.

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why! I;m not Beautiful too? :rolleyes:

Paul, at our age, we're only handsome/beautiful when we look in the mirror. Even then, more often than not I ask ask myself who the wrinkled & balding old guy is that is staring back at me.
In my mind, I'm still a good looking 30-something year old, able to do anything. The mirror and my body tell me otherwise. I hurt myself yawning a week ago and it still hurts. :eek:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 11.8%
Back