2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to my home town today Paul to see these
20200305_151309.jpg
20200305_160728.jpg
.HMS Prince of Wales our newest aircraft carrier and a WW2 U-boat.
Took the ferry over the Mersey to see the U-boat that was sunk by British planes and brought back up some years ago. Cut in to 4 pieces just incase somebody trys to hijack it.
20200305_160817.jpg

Lots of stuff to make steampunk items out of there.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool and Steampunky. I need it.

Here is something I just finished. It has the most movement yet.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Atoll, we have one of those canoe's here in New York Harbor but it is from WW2. Remember the war that we helped you guys out in :cool:
It's the Intrepid and has been docked here as long as I remember. I have gone on her a few times. Fascinating and on the deck they have a space shuttle and a few helicopters that I flew in Nam dozens of times.
I want to tour the engine room but it is off limits for now because a NY law says you need two entrances to a public museum so they are cutting through the decks to install a staircase.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It boggles my mind that some people don't feed their fish live whiteworms. I mean, totally boggled.
Those same people insist on quarantining their fish.
Whiteworms+ natural tank+no quarantine= fish that live forever. Like Duh. :cool:

This hobby is so easy but a few of us insist on making it difficult. :oops:

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Atoll, we have one of those canoe's here in New York Harbor but it is from WW2. Remember the war that we helped you guys out in :cool:
It's the Intrepid and has been docked here as long as I remember. I have gone on her a few times. Fascinating and on the deck they have a space shuttle and a few helicopters that I flew in Nam dozens of times.
I want to tour the engine room but it is off limits for now because a NY law says you need two entrances to a public museum so they are cutting through the decks to install a staircase.
An, don't remember that Paul, are you sure?;) You are older than me and I wasn't even born then :p
Do you remember when we helped you and still do in Afghanistan, Kuwait and Iraq? ;)

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love you Paul, but what you yanks did at the end of WW2 is akin to a substitute coming on for the last 5 minutes, of the last game of the season, when the opposition are knackered, scoring a goal and claiming to be man of the season....

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you remember when we helped you and still do in Afghanistan, Kuwait and Iraq? ;)

No. :oops:

I love you Paul, but what you yanks did at the end of WW2 is akin to a substitute coming on for the last 5 minutes, of the last game of the season, when the opposition are knackered, scoring a goal and claiming to be man of the season....

OK, next time we will sit it out. Maybe the Queens army will come to the rescue. :p

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. :oops:

OK, next time we will sit it out. Maybe the Queens army will come to the rescue. :p
Worth a read Paul....

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worth a read Paul....
This story always makes me smile..
436A0126-F257-4F04-89CF-C23012B70D6E.png

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morty very cool. I love it. :cool:

I fought in this one, but I don't see my picture. I even have a comment here all the way at the bottom.
But I didn't save any Brits. We did have some Aussies but not in this particular battle. One guy here was awarded the Medal of Honor, But that wasn't me.
I did get two Bronze Stars for Valor but not from the Queen.

I think she would have given me one but she was young then.
One of the bunkers pictures is mine. I think the one with the howitzer in it was mine

Troops today dress much better but this was one day I care to forget.

U

User1

View Badges

Are you being serious?

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morty very cool. I love it. :cool:

I fought in this one, but I don't see my picture. I even have a comment here all the way at the bottom.
But I didn't save any Brits. We did have some Aussies but not in this particular battle. One guy here was awarded the Medal of Honor, But that wasn't me.
I did get two Bronze Stars for Valor but not from the Queen.

I think she would have given me one but she was young then.
One of the bunkers pictures is mine. I think the one with the howitzer in it was mine

Troops today dress much better but this was one day I care to forget.

Respect Fella

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most idiotic thing I've ever read. I have to say. Disappointing.
Why are you taking it so literally we are just having some banter... but that’s the Brit sense of humour.... I know you joined WW2 in Europe in 1943.... a bit more than 5 minutes I’ll grant you lol

U

User1

View Badges
Why are you taking it so literally we are just having some banter... but that’s the Brit sense of humour.... I know you joined WW2 in Europe in 1943.... a bit more than 5 minutes I’ll grant you lol

I'm taking it literally because you said it as such. Not sure how else I should take it. Sure, you guys lost a lot of lives and infrastructure back to the stone ages but we still lost more life in the end on the military side (not counting civilians). It isn't something that we walked freshly into during the last quarter as you put it and saved the day. Furthest thing from the truth which is probably why I'm offended.

Be that as it may - I was just stopping by reading the thread to catch up. Apologies for posting.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back