Tank birthday, 47+ years

Fort Salty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul,
Thank you for all the information you have shared over the years. I can appreciate the unique way you run you tank, especially adding those sunken ships for the grandkids! You have a lot to share even beyond the quarantine debate and have a very interesting tank.

I think I saw the thread you mention, and I hope you find encouraging moments to keep your spirits up. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

FS

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fort Salty, good Morning. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: I left that thread. Some people just come on here to argue and I am to old for that and have nothing to prove. :)

Grand kids are on their way over and that bubbling shipwreck is bubbling away putting salt spray all over my lights. :confused-face:

But it makes them happy and if Grand Kids are happy, I did my job. :)
( a few years ago)

Fort Salty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks wonderful, especially the ninja. Kids can be great fun. My daughter loves to be involved with the tank. I'm just getting started with kids, so I am learning about that kind of husbandry every day!

FS

Kmst80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imagine I Got a load of life rock the other day coming fresh out of the reef, there were at least 20 brittle stars in the bottom of the boxes, not to talk about all the other critters, sponges, algaes and so on. All went straight in the new tank....some people must have a mental breakdown reading this....I wanted all the biodiversity I could get.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Farmer and duck.jpeg

A big city New York lawyer went duck hunting in rural Texas. He shot and dropped a bird, but it fell into a farmer's field on the other side of a fence. As the lawyer climbed over the fence, an elderly farmer drove up on his tractor and asked him what he was doing.

The litigator responded, "I shot a duck and it fell in this field, and now I'm going into retrieve it."

The old farmer replied. "This is my property, and you are not coming over here."

The indignant lawyer said, "I am one of the best trial attorneys in the U.S. and, if you don't let me get that duck, I'll sue you and take everything you own."

The old farmer smiled and said, "Apparently, you don't know how we do things in Texas. We settle small disagreements like this with the Texas Three Kick Rule."

The lawyer asked, "What is the Texas Three Kick Rule?"

The farmer replied, "Well, first I kick you three times and then you kick me three times, and so on, back and forth, until someone gives up."

The attorney quickly thought about the proposed contest and decided that he could easily take the old codger. He agreed to abide by the local custom.

The old farmer slowly climbed down from the tractor and walked up to the city feller. His first kick planted the toe of his heavy work boot into the lawyer's shin and dropped him to his knees. His second kick landed square on the man's nose. The barrister was flat on his belly when the farmer's third kick to a kidney nearly caused him to give up.

The lawyer summoned every bit of his will and managed to get to his feet and said, "Okay, you old coot, now it's my turn!"

The old farmer smiled and said, "Naw, I give up. You can have the duck."

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always post the receipts from the Multiple Sclerosis society with the profits from my book to show that the money goes there and not all to out of work Supermodels

MS Receipt.jpg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning and Happy New Year. We just got home yesterday from the Bahamas. My family took me there for my birthday on a private jet. Yeah I know. Us mere mortals don't do that and neither do I but I went.

I will explain it after I up load the pictures. But it's good to be home.

Happy New Year.

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few more days is my birthday. Christmas day.

Paul,
Your wife is beautiful. Did you scuba on Christmas Day, your birthday?

Us common folk in Austin had beautiful weather on Christmas Day after 3 days of Artic cold. On Saturday, when ice plugs broke, we had a mess on our hands.

Glad your Christmas birthday was with the ones you love.

Shalom,
Patrick

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning and Happy New Year. We just got home yesterday from the Bahamas. My family took me there for my birthday on a private jet. Yeah I know. Us mere mortals don't do that and neither do I but I went.

I will explain it after I up load the pictures. But it's good to be home.

Happy New Year.
Now that is a present!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back