Tank birthday, 47+ years

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean the Waspfish? Yes, I think he is. If he does well I may get a few more.
Nope, this one:
Screenshot_20230121_103430_Samsung Internet.jpg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh that guy. I wish I could catch him to give away as he is to big for my tank. Someone gave him to me but he is reef safe.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My walk this morning was wet, windy and cold. Like my Mother used to say, the cold goes right through you.. I would imagine as long as it doesn't pass through anything important like your Gall Bladder, you will be fine. (well, I used to say that last part)

My Grand Mother also used to have a saying.......Unfortunately, the Woman didn't speak a word of English, so I never knew what it was.

Rain.JPG

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Grand Mother also used to have a saying.......Unfortunately, the Woman didn't speak a word of English, so I never knew what it was.
We must have had the same grandmother. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: She'd say something to me and then laugh, I'd have no idea what she said, but I'd laugh along with her.
There's nothing like an old Italian grandma!

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We must have had the same grandmother. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: She'd say something to me and then laugh, I'd have no idea what she said, but I'd laugh along with her.
There's nothing like an old Italian grandma!
HaHa. Makes me remember my old Italian Grandmother when I was a kid, she would pinch my cheek with her fingers and try to rip my face off. She didn't speak English.

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HaHa. Makes me remember my old Italian Grandmother when I was a kid, she would pinch my cheek with her fingers and try to rip my face off. She didn't speak English.
I grew up in Toronto's little Italy and the neighbourhood was full of old Italian grannies who didn't speak English. All of them used to do the cheek pinch thing.

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pics, you should get a job photographing models. Every man's dream job right.

On a serious note, how did you kill the invading sponges? Kalk paste?

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dieselkeeper. I actually have some experience (watching) models getting photographed. I rebuilt the New York Playboy Club and Penthouse Magazine office and worked in each place for 2 years. "I am a construction electrician foreman) I became friends with the photographer and he showed me the tricks to making models look better even if they were not so good looking and a few other photographer tricks to pose the models.

He even gave me some filters for my "at the time" Nikon film camera. I also worked a couple of "Victoria Secret" photo shoots and one Miss America Pageant in Manhattan. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
But I never found out their secret. :thinking-face:

As for the sponge, I invented an injector so I can inject vinegar into the stuff and in a few days it disintegrates.
I will never be able to eliminate all of it because it is everywhere but at least most of it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is fairly warm here on Long Island today which is unusual for February but this week it is going down to 9 degrees so I went to the beach. I will also collect water here today.

This is my walk there which is only a couple of hundred yards.

Walk to beach.JPG

176 steps down
Stairs to beach.JPG

Driftwood
Tree on beach.JPG

There was a bunch of seagulls on the sand so I scared them. Sorry birds.
Lone bird beach.JPG

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back