OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure they will. I do darn the socks myself but when I see the hole I say "Darn".

If my wife sees them she throws them away, but although I can afford new socks, I actually get enjoyment "fixing" or darning things especially if they were made in America which is of course all that I will wear. :p

If some how I get foreign socks, I shine my shoes with them. And I actually spit shine my shoes, even my boots. It's a Veteran thing. :)

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of the "sticks" I got the other day seem to be doing fine. 2 of them bleached almost instantly by falling into my giant anemone. I didn't have time to glue them in and apparently my Fireclown had a different view of my aquascaping and moved them.

But it is what it is and the joy of reefing. The fish are all doing fantastic even my "Ich Magnet" hippo tang.
I have been using this big tub of clams I bought as bait but I only went fishing once this year so I have a lot of clams. My white worm culture is having problems and it may just be that the age of the culture is too much. Maybe they are inbred or just bored, I don't know but they are not multiplying nearly as fast as they used to so I may have to start a new culture.

Even my huge decorator crab seems happy as he searches for clams at night. He is so slow and arthritic looking that I am not sure how he lives. My urchin is also huge and I have no idea how old he is. I completely forgot when I got him but it could be 10 years or more ago. I probably got him as a dime size pin cushion but I forget. I really should keep notes on this stuff.

I really couldn't tell you how old most of my fish are except maybe the 28 year old fireclowns or the Hippo tang that is less than a year old. My Copperband could be 10 years old but I lost his birth certificate so I couldn't swear to it.

If I see one I would maybe get a male mandarin for my female. My male died of I think old age. My female is rather old too so maybe I will let her die of old age before I get a male. I can't decide. I guess I could get a young male and female as the two females won't fight.
I still have a scooter "bleeny" and about 25 other fish.

The rest of my fish I would be guessing but they never get sick and only die of old age or jumping out as the wrasses normally do.

TonysReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Father McKenzie
Writing the words of a sermon that no one will hear
No one comes near
Look at him working
Darning his socks in the night when there's nobody there
What does he care?

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So who was the guy interviewing you? Paul, every time I see a video of you it cracks me up. It just gives me a happy. I just forget that you are from the eastern shore, and that you sound like it.
Are you a sarcastic guy? In your writing I hear laughter.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Victoria, i don't think I am Sarcastic, but my wife tells me that I sometimes come off like that. ;Wideyed
I may also have a slight NY accent and I was born in Brooklyn.

As I am getting older my filter isn't working as good as it should and she also tells me that my PTST is getting worse as I don't have much patience for some things. But what do i know? :cool:

I am what I am.

ED, maybe we will do another one soon.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Victoria, i don't think I am Sarcastic, but my wife tells me that I sometimes come off like that. ;Wideyed
I may also have a slight NY accent and I was born in Brooklyn.

As I am getting older my filter isn't working as good as it should and she also tells me that my PTST is getting worse as I don't have much patience for some things. But what do i know? :cool:

I am what I am.

ED, maybe we will do another one soon.
That is funny. I read laughter in your commentary. You may think you sound a little Brooklyn or NY but I hear a guy that could just as easily say, “roll em up in that rug” or “feed em to the fishes” as he would
say “you gotta feed em live food, like clams.”
And I have started saying but what do I know? in threads now. Omg.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning. Today is my 46th wedding anniversary. We were invited to a great Italian party last night (Unico) with a couple of hundred people, great food and a Dean martin Impersonator and a guy who sung like Pavarotti.

Too much food and drinking so today my fish can take care of themselves and order take out. I threw my credit card in my tank. :cool:

We have to recuperate a little as we are going away to a B&B for a couple of days very soon. My fish sitter will do all this fish stuff. :cool:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back