Tank birthday, 47+ years

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One thing Amazon won’t have is a copy signed by the author,, I feel special

75092B10-9672-49AE-AFA9-124DD1F4A242.jpeg 7870BEC1-5628-4B34-8879-885E04A8F1C2.jpeg
In that case, I feel extra special! I have one of the original copies signed by the author! Lol!

20200511_120241.jpg 20200511_120306.jpg

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sure is!
Lot of fake signature books going about given. Some books have changed hands for silly money recently since you cant buy them in LFSs in England and those with the origional covers, signed and in spot on condition are going for name your price money :eek:

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My books just arrived but @paul you forgot to sign it for me. When you come to the UK you must add your signature and a few words to the inside cover. ;)

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday was a tough day. We finally convinced our friend Sue to come over. I needed to go to a supermarket about 20 miles closer to her house and after 4 or 5 phone call and texts I finally convinced her that she had to get out of the house. She hasn't left since Tommy died.

I told her I would take her to the cemetery to visit his grave which is 10 minutes from my home. She had not seen it yet as they wouldn't let us go in because of the virus when they brought him there a month ago.

I went to the market, then to her house and got her. She cried some of the way on the trip but she was OK.

We picked up my wife and went to Calverton which is a Military cemetery to find his grave.
We drove around until we found the section and that cemetery is huge.

There were about 15 men there installing grave stones and being it is a military cemetery, everything is perfectly straight and the stones are stark white.

One of the men helped us find the grave which didn't have a stone on it yet and the area was all very hard dirt, no grass yet.
It was very windy and the balloon Sue brought for his birthday blew away before we even found the site.

There was just a paper sign in the dirt that read his name.
They must use a steam roller in those places to level the ground because I tried to bury a note for Sue that she wrote to Tommy and could barely break the surface with a small shovel. I also had a small flag I wanted to put up.

My wife had to stay in the car because she can't walk on dirt.
Me and Sue sat in the dirt and cried like a baby while I held her.
It's very hard to say goodbye to her husband of 47 years and my best friend of over fifty.

I think that was only the second or third time I cried as an adult. The last two times was when they diagnosed my wife with Multiple Sclerosis and when she had trigeminal neuralgia from the MS, with pain so bad that they had to knock her out for days.

The men working there were all very respectful and stopped working near us and they offered their condolances.

We came back to our house and the day got better. Sue got into a much better mood, we sent out for Pizza, we laughed about old times and I drove her home which is about an hour away.

When we got back to her house, I lowered her flag (that I helped Tommy put up) to half mast.

There is still a huge flag hung across the street in front of her house and his police uniform is in his window.
I brought home a big toy, motorized Jeep Tommy was going to restore for his Grand Kids. I will fix it for them.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday was a tough day. We finally convinced our friend Sue to come over. I needed to go to a supermarket about 20 miles closer to her house and after 4 or 5 phone call and texts I finally convinced her that she had to get out of the house. She hasn't left since Tommy died.

I told her I would take her to the cemetery to visit his grave which is 10 minutes from my home. She had not seen it yet as they wouldn't let us go in because of the virus when they brought him there a month ago.

I went to the market, then to her house and got her. She cried some of the way on the trip but she was OK.

We picked up my wife and went to Calverton which is a Military cemetery to find his grave.

There were about 15 men there installing grave stones and being it is a military cemetery, everything is perfectly straight and the stones are stark white.

One of the men helped us find the grave which didn't have a stone on it yet and the area was all very hard dirt, no grass yet.
It was very windy and the balloon Sue brought for his birthday blew away before we even found the site.

They must use a steam roller in those places to level the ground because I tried to bury a note for Sue that she wrote to Tommy and could barely break the surface with a small shovel. I also had a small flag I wanted to put up.

It's very hard to say goodbye to her husband of 47 years and my best friend of over fifty.

I think that was only the second or third time I cried as an adult. The last two times was when they diagnosed my wife with Multiple Sclerosis and when she had trigeminal neuralgia from the MS, with pain so bad that they had to knock her out for days.

The men working there were all very respectful and stopped working near us and they offered their condolances.

We came back to our house and the day got better. Sue got into a much better mood, we sent out for Pizza, we laughed about old times and I drove her home which is about an hour away.

When we got back to her house, I lowered her flag (that I helped Tommy put up) to half mast.

There is still a huge flag hung across the street in front of her house and his police uniform is in his window.
I brought home a big toy, motorized Jeep Tommy was going to restore for his Grand Kids. I will fix it for them.
Very moving story Paul and I know you will do a brilliant job of restoring that childs ride in car. Better than the UK program you like so much The Repair Shop. RIP Tommy.

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Your compassion for sue is heartwarming and infectious, I’m sure ur friend is watching and smiling knowing his wife is in good company. Ur one of the good ones Paul (hard to believe Christie won’t give you time of day)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back