tank cleaning

Garth Schafluetzel

75 gal mixed tank in work
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so ive been wondering what every ones weekly scheadual is with there tank it seems like if i dont clean the glass everyday with my mag float atleast i start getiing allot of algea i was just curiouse as to what everyones maintence is like

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
64 and a 40 breeder, both with sumps.

B-Ionic and water topoff daily, checking all systems for proper function. Temperature is checked three times a day. Glass algae film usually needs cleaning every two to three days.

Weekly, almost without fail, the 65 gets a 20-gal water change and the 40 gets a 10-gal water change. Skimmer cup is cleaned weekly. Socks on the drains are changed every two to three days. I use them primarily to eliminate splashing and noise when the water drains into my 20L sumps. Monthly, change carbon and GFO in the reactors. Every couple of months, all pumps are dismantled and cleaned.
Gary

ss7

Guinea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
64 and a 40 breeder, both with sumps.

B-Ionic and water topoff daily, checking all systems for proper function. Temperature is checked three times a day. Glass algae film usually needs cleaning every two to three days.

Weekly, almost without fail, the 65 gets a 20-gal water change and the 40 gets a 10-gal water change. Skimmer cup is cleaned weekly. Socks on the drains are changed every two to three days. I use them primarily to eliminate splashing and noise when the water drains into my 20L sumps. Monthly, change carbon and GFO in the reactors. Every couple of months, all pumps are dismantled and cleaned.
Gary

WOW.. that is diligence. I clean my skimmer 2times a week and do 15% water changes every 1 or 2 weeks. I clean the glass of coraline monthly, but it doesn't require algae scrubs. I let the system take care of itself now, for the most part. I had my days running zeo and being heavily involved, but have been just as rewarded with my current methods. SS

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 43.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.9%
Back