tank collapsing while on vacation

Cyanohater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is not un recoverable. I left for vacation, when I left I had someone to send pictures of my awuarium daily, and feed the fish. I did everything I could to prepare it for its only four days. However before I left everything looked bad, my torches, my hammers, one of the anemones. The other rose bubble tip was fine. My zoas also seem fine. Anyway, the torch has seemed to get better slowly. The hammer the day I got left got stung pretty bad by the anemone I only had time to qui jky move it. The anemone looks poor and will not stop walking around this one rock. There isn't much that can be done, I know everything should be alive and saleable when I get home. Some maybe better than when I left. I don't have much hope for the hammer I bought it for 10 dollars from this store that had bought it bleached. It got better slowly and then this happened. It's only 3 heads but you hate to see it happen. As far as the anemone I also bought it in poor condition to try and save it, from what I saw it might have been starving. It was looking better as I fed it, and even my clowns started hosting it rather than the other bubble tip. Now it's tentacles seem to be shrinking more as I've left.

OP
OP
Cyanohater

Cyanohater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't let it ruin your vacation. Tank problems can be remedied when you get back. If you are in the so cal area , I'm retired and have free time and would offer to check your tank for you and make sure the fish are ok
I'm not in the so cal area. I live in Alabama. The tank should definitely be able to be saved when I get home. Even if I have to ask another reefer to keep some corals or anemones.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is not un recoverable. I left for vacation, when I left I had someone to send pictures of my awuarium daily, and feed the fish. I did everything I could to prepare it for its only four days. However before I left everything looked bad, my torches, my hammers, one of the anemones. The other rose bubble tip was fine. My zoas also seem fine. Anyway, the torch has seemed to get better slowly. The hammer the day I got left got stung pretty bad by the anemone I only had time to qui jky move it. The anemone looks poor and will not stop walking around this one rock. There isn't much that can be done, I know everything should be alive and saleable when I get home. Some maybe better than when I left. I don't have much hope for the hammer I bought it for 10 dollars from this store that had bought it bleached. It got better slowly and then this happened. It's only 3 heads but you hate to see it happen. As far as the anemone I also bought it in poor condition to try and save it, from what I saw it might have been starving. It was looking better as I fed it, and even my clowns started hosting it rather than the other bubble tip. Now it's tentacles seem to be shrinking more as I've left.
Wishing you the best of recovery for the tank when you get back!!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Things always happen when were away.
Pics will be helpful when the opportunity arises but there in this hobby is always recovery

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't let it ruin your vacation. Tank problems can be remedied when you get back. If you are in the so cal area , I'm retired and have free time and would offer to check your tank for you and make sure the fish are ok.
I’m in socal as well, would love to do a meet up or frag swap eventually when I have corals!

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been hit 3-4 times by the vacation boogie man… It’s either a boogie man or all the inhabitants in my tanks throw huge ragers and late night tank raves when they know I’m gone…:face-with-raised-eyebrow:
Animal House GIF
Animal House GIF
Animated GIF
GIF by Raw Dog Dan

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back