OP
OP
Doglips56

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can dose them or increase feeding. I would suggest dosing so you can control the amount until your tank is “established”. Established is a relative term. I would say your tank is established when you can leave it for a week or so and the parameters are still stable.
Think we’ve passed the “established” benchmark. Last July/August I was in the hospital for 5 weeks. Tank got minimal care and did fine except 15-20 nitrates. Struggled with high nutrients for a while after that, now they’re low.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can dose them or increase feeding. I would suggest dosing so you can control the amount until your tank is “established”. Established is a relative term. I would say your tank is established when you can leave it for a week or so and the parameters are still stable.
I normally tend to agree with this and add artificial sources of nutrients as it allows a more target way to a issue, increasing food is a long process and will add other inorganic nutrients that sometimes could be counterproductive and delayed the process of raising the desired nutrient.

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, seems suspicious that it happened right after the new pump was installed...

Something that is not all that well known outside of the plastic industry is that plastic parts can have an oily residue coating of a 'mold release agent'. This type of spray product facilitates the easier removal of the plastic piece from the metal mold. Typically, these are silicone based and not really harmful, but I have no idea what may have been used for this Jeboa pump's parts.

https://www.ehow.com/how_6595411_remove-release-residue-plastic-parts.html

Best practice is to always clean any new items added to an aquarium, just in case.

brmc1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, seems suspicious that it happened right after the new pump was installed...

Something that is not all that well known outside of the plastic industry is that plastic parts can have an oily residue coating of a 'mold release agent'. This type of spray product facilitates the easier removal of the plastic piece from the metal mold. Typically, these are silicone based and not really harmful, but I have no idea what may have been used for this Jeboa pump's parts.

https://www.ehow.com/how_6595411_remove-release-residue-plastic-parts.html

Best practice is to always clean any new items added to an aquarium, just in case.
Yep. Everything is pointing to the new pump being the source whether it’s voltage/residue from the pump.

OP
OP
Doglips56

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. Everything is pointing to the new pump being the source whether it’s voltage/residue from the pump.
I’m not sure anything is going to make it through this. Both clowns acting strange, female won’t make it through the night. I’d try to catch her and put her into QT but it will stress her out and probably kill her. Way too many hiding places. I’m super sad. It’s my 60th birthday Sunday and I’m going to lose all my fish probably. I don’t know how to fix this other than what I’ve done. Mixed some fresh water so once it’s stabilized will do another water change

brmc1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure anything is going to make it through this. Both clowns acting strange, female won’t make it through the night. I’d try to catch her and put her into QT but it will stress her out and probably kill her. Way too many hiding places. I’m super sad. It’s my 60th birthday Sunday and I’m going to lose all my fish probably. I don’t know how to fix this other than what I’ve done. Mixed some fresh water so once it’s stabilized will do another water change
Where are you located at?

OP
OP
Doglips56

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to get my fish into QT tank. If you zoom in on the tang you’ll see a black spot near the bottom back point of tail fin. I treated the water with PraziPro. I’m hoping I can fix whatever is going on in the tank and save my anemones. They are looking better. Crabs and shrimp and lobster still ok, can’t tell if snails are ok because they’re more active at night but none on the glass. I had dozens of tiny Florida ceriths that I couldn’t get out all of I tried. The water is cloudy even after a large water change. Was thinking of Vibrant? Thoughts? I’m feeling better with the fish out of there at least. Was also able to move most corals out too. I’ve been curing these rocks for about a week in anticipation of our 110 gal upgrade so was able to move the corals over. Any other advice, suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• A8515479-2F41-49EB-ADD0-2023D6B14791.jpeg
    A8515479-2F41-49EB-ADD0-2023D6B14791.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 23

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back