Tank Disasters

Marie7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone, Hope you guys are enjoying every day specially today that it is Friday!

I may sound cruel but I would like to start this conversation and thread here as I was reading some of the postings here, but today.... I would like to hear about tanks disasters such as breakage or accidents specially huge tanks. I thought it may be interesting, it will help us avoid the same mistakes that end up on losing our tanks completely.
Please tell us your story and how impact your home or furniture, add photos too, we would like to see photos as well.. Thanks everybody and Have a blessed day!

steallife904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine wasn't the tank exactly but the RO/DI... My previous home had the laundry room on the 2nd floor. I attached my RODI up there to the washers cold water line. One night while making water and getting ready to go out to dinner I forgot I left it running. Went out to dinner, went to some store.... come home and open garage door and its raining in the garage (laundry right above it). Was a nightmare. flooded the laundry room and 2 rooms next to it and most of the garage ceiling. had to run driers for a week and replace the garage ceiling. Just built a new home I moved into in July and I had a large utility sink installed in garage where the RODI now sits!

OP
OP
Marie7

Marie7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine wasn't the tank exactly but the RO/DI... My previous home had the laundry room on the 2nd floor. I attached my RODI up there to the washers cold water line. One night while making water and getting ready to go out to dinner I forgot I left it running. Went out to dinner, went to some store.... come home and open garage door and its raining in the garage (laundry right above it). Was a nightmare. flooded the laundry room and 2 rooms next to it and most of the garage ceiling. had to run driers for a week and replace the garage ceiling. Just built a new home I moved into in July and I had a large utility sink installed in garage where the RODI now sits!

I bet was a real disaster having to repair ceiling and all I can imagine, good thing now that you took precautions. ...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back