Tank for two clowns and a nem

yanni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

this is once again a thread of me asking for advice hahaha. A friend has just dismantled his AIO tank, here’s the link https://www.redseafish.com/aquarium-systems/max-aquarium-systems/max-nano/

For Those who don’t click it, it’s 20 gallons, roughly 75Litres. He’s selling it now, with an ATO, some new lights, and a bunch of equipment for a good price! I’ve been wanting to do my own marine tank for ages, and I have quite good experience with managing freshwater tanks. I was wondering whether this would be suitable as a first tank, but more importantly, will it be suitable for two clowns and a nem?

I won’t be adding a lot of corals to it, maybe a few down the road, but I’m mainly focused on the clowns, nem, and some shrimp/snails for CUC. Would this be okay? Or am I better off holding out for a sump setup that’s 30Gallon/120Litres??

any help/advice is greatly appreciated

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you only want the two clowns, I would say a 20 is fine. You'll have to wait a while (8-12 months) for the tank to get established before you get a nem, as the need stable parameters, but it would be a good tank for one.

OP
OP
yanni

yanni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O
If you only want the two clowns, I would say a 20 is fine. You'll have to wait a while (8-12 months) for the tank to get established before you get a nem, as the need stable parameters, but it would be a good tank for one.
oh yeah definitely, for sure.

would just be for clowns, I’m a huge clown lover and can’t see myself wanting any other fish haha

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back