Tank had to be placed outside, need temp help

Trillaman954

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 7, 2023
Messages
333
Reaction score
84
Location
Hollywood
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to place my tank outside in the back terrace for a bit until I get situated. I live in south Florida and it’s Maine the water temp get close to 86 when it’s super hot. What can i do to keep it back down. My acans started dying
 
I had to place my tank outside in the back terrace for a bit until I get situated. I live in south Florida and it’s Maine the water temp get close to 86 when it’s super hot. What can i do to keep it back down. My acans started dying
Shade it from the sun.
Try a big fan blowing across the surface. This might not be effective due to high ambient humidity.
Think about getting a chiller.
 
For short term freeze rodi water bottles and throw them in but that will only do so much if the tank is outside. A chiller would be the only real solution long term
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new