Tank is getting hot

Sparent25

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I’m trying to run my same return pump thru my chiller. I did buy a bigger one to make up for the lost flow. Unfortunately I snapped a piece and can’t run the chiller now and it’s getting hot. I bought a Sicce 3.0. So it takes a 3/4 size line and my RSM 250 takes a 5/8. So how do I got about plumbing this from return pump 3/4—>chiller5/8—->return nozzle 5/8. What pieces would I need. The chiller is a 1/2 hp oceanic
Hi. I just purchased a RSM 250 and I assume I’ll run into heat issues as the fans don’t seems to be reliable. How did you end up solving that? Where do you buy parts and any other tips? Thanks!

OP
OP
Rc1989

Rc1989

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up contacting BRS and they gave me a bunch of help on measurements. You will need a chiller, in my opinion. It’s enclosed and there is 6 T5’s only a few inches off the water. Things get hot lol

Sparent25

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up contacting BRS and they gave me a bunch of help on measurements. You will need a chiller, in my opinion. It’s enclosed and there is 6 T5’s only a few inches off the water. Things get hot lol
Nice. I’ll call BRS. Thanks!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back