Tank overhang on cabinet

rebecca_nano_reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
3
Location
suffolk
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today my new tank got delivered. I’m obviously very silly and can’t read a tape measure 🫣 the tank overhangs the back of the cabinet by 1inch. It’s a rimless 30gallon tank. Am I in trouble? It’s a very study oak wood cabinet.

IMG_6944.jpeg
 
I would get a piece of glass 3/8” thick to place in between the tank and cabinet. Let it support the back panel. It will also protect your wood top.
 
I would get a piece of glass 3/8” thick to place in between the tank and cabinet. Let it support the back panel. It will also protect your wood top.
Thankyou. I got 18mm wood to put between the tank and cabinet. Does this look ok

IMG_6964.jpeg IMG_6965.jpeg IMG_6966.jpeg
 
Ideally, you want the 4 sides of your tank to be over the 4 sides of your stand.
 
It’s actually 20 gallons 🫣 wrote it wrong

Then it is probably okay.

Just remember, moving forward, what your doing with this 20 gallon isn't the best practice, especially when you start getting bigger tanks.

To clarify:
Ideally, you want the 4 sides of your tank to be over the 4 sides of your stand.
This means that if your tank 24 inches wide x 12 inches deep, your stand must be the same footprint.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new