TANK PESTS!!!

Jakelester97

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I’ve only been doing this for about 10 months and never experienced this.. there are a few (that I can See) worm looking things crawling on my glass. They are very tiny. And there and also super super tiny organisms moving on my glass as well.. I’d take a picture but they’re that small. Sort of freaking out over here.. how do I get Rid of these or what do I do??!..... if you see the picture it’s very small in the middle of the frame

42E26ABF-0B4D-4DC4-B3FC-D8C0B5DFC05A.jpeg

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really need a better picture. Very small white looking bugs are probably copepods. Good guys.

Other, need a better picture.

OP
OP
J

Jakelester97

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really need a better picture. Very small white looking bugs are probably copepods. Good guys.

Other, need a better picture.
It’s so hard to get a good picture even with a real camera... it’s almost like a centipede but incredibly small. And can copepods just exist out of nowhere? Sorry I’m a noob

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s so hard to get a good picture even with a real camera... it’s almost like a centipede but incredibly small. And can copepods just exist out of nowhere? Sorry I’m a noob

Well, most likely came on a coral frag or rock.

RJ F.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copepods can enter a tank through many ways. If your tank is to their liking they will reproduce and you will get what's called a population. However they normally arent centipede looking. A quick google search will show you some great pics of them. They do have antennae with 6 or so legs

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
+1 on bristleworm. Although posing little harm, are a nuisance in my book and are not welcome in any of my tanks.

OP
OP
J

Jakelester97

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on bristleworm. Although posing little harm, are a nuisance in my book and are not welcome in any of my tanks.
Okay soooo how would I get Rid of them? Honestly I think it’s so small could be either... looks like it’s eating the brown stuff on my glass.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi I’ve only been doing this for about 10 months and never experienced this.. there are a few (that I can See) worm looking things crawling on my glass. They are very tiny. And there and also super super tiny organisms moving on my glass as well.. I’d take a picture but they’re that small. Sort of freaking out over here.. how do I get Rid of these or what do I do??!..... if you see the picture it’s very small in the middle of the frame

42E26ABF-0B4D-4DC4-B3FC-D8C0B5DFC05A.jpeg
IM curious - what is that black thing lol:)

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Varying opinions on bristle worms. Some people don't like them, others look at them as good CUC. I think they are good CUC.

K95ranger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it bothers you, grab a cup and tweezers and pull it out. Don't touch them or you can get stuck. I have seen people put a water bottle inside with some holes for straws and they but a little food inside with the lid on and they crawl inside the straw to the bottle and get stuck. Then take out the bottle and flush the worms. Thats only if they bother you. Mixed feelings but its up to you.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back