Tank recommendation for newbie (90cm)

20200126_220339.jpg
 
Welcome to R2R!!! I did not have a RS AIO, but I did have a IM Lagoon AIO and a RS 250. The IM was extremely quiet! Unless the back needed topping off you didn’t even know the tank was there. The RS 250 was quiet once it was dialed in like a few people have already stated. However, every once in awhile mine would randomly start making noises and the baffle would have to be adjusted. But for an AIO you don’t have to worry about that.
 
Thank you all for the advice.
I am between the REEFER XL300 and Max E-260. I need to do more research on them because having a separated sump might be better choices.
I had the E260 as my first tank for a few months before upgrading to the S650

Its a beautiful tank, stunning, but being an all in one there’s not much you can do to it and maintenance in the small rear chamber can be fiddly and difficult as well. It’s not particularly noisy or anything.

Do some more research and see what you think

And Welcome to R2R!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new