Tank Review: Tenecor Peninsula 17

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My review of the @ Tenecor HushFlow AIO Nano Aquarium | Peninsula 17

First I have to touch on the obvious delays.

Tenecor has previously stated they have reduced their 2nd shift and lead times have been extended. So while I originally expected this tank 3 weeks ago, it arrived last Thursday (May 26th) . Not a big deal personally as I didn't need the tank as a replacement or anything. I'm still not even entirely sure which route I'll end up going with the tank yet! Now to the positive side, if there is one to delays, communication, Tenecor has been responsive to messages sent, and let me know of the delays and kept me updated on tentative shipping times.

Packaging:
The tank came very well packed, and I was told they are planning on improving the packaging further. Personally I did not have any mishaps in transit and the tank came well packed. It was covered with a plastic slip sheet. All corners had foam padding, and everything around the tank was either hard or soft foam. One potential issue is the placement of the pump inside the tank. The pump on the Peninsula 17 did not break free, but the potential to is there depending on handling by the carrier. The pump, hose, filter cup, and media all were placed inside and taped inside. The bulkhead came pre installed and the included valve is a nice touch!

Screenshot_20220528-190549.png

Screenshot_20220528-190611.png

Screenshot_20220528-190625.png

Tank:
Visually the tank is beautiful! The seams look great, and the included black wrap on the sides is a nice touch. The entire 'sump' portion of the AIO is blacked out by including the wrap. The lid for the 'sump' is also black to prevent light spill, between the black lid and walls, and the easy accessibility of the 'sump' it will be easy to keep it clean and algae free!

The tank comes with a 4" filter cup, Sicce Micra Plus return pump, some poly fill filter media balls, lid(s), and plumbing. The cup is removable along with the plate it rests in. A standard 4" sock can be used in place of the cup as well. Since it is removable though you could use foam in place of the cup/sock option if desired. The media is a nice touch and it's not a type I've used before so I'm curious to see how it performs. The other benefit to the removable cup/holding bracket is you can easily clean underneath it, and also use the area for additional media or foam if desired.

Having the plumbing included is also a nice touch. The Sicce Micra Plus is a a great option for a tank this size as well. The only missing part for plumbing is loc-line segments and a nozzle for the interior (display side) of the tank.

Screenshot_20220528-190735.png

Screenshot_20220528-190749.png

Screenshot_20220528-191126.png

Screenshot_20220528-190857.png

My tank came with a lexan lid. My complaint with the lexan is how thin (less than 1mm) it is, and then the cuts. There are cuttings visible which are easily removed, and really aren't a major issue to clean up. Being as thin as it is I can certainly understand the difficulty in keeping every last cut perfectly clean. After speaking with Tenecor they are going to try some thicker lexan and they said they had some other ways to make the lexan cleaner going forward. I'd be interested in a thicker lexan with cleaner cuts.

Screenshot_20220528-190811.png

The tank also comes with a lid for the sump portion of the tank as well. This lid is black ABS and includes 3 cutouts, one on each side (left/right), and one in the center for a light mount. The light cutout on my tank was ~1" and Tenecor has offered to ship another since the 1" cutout does not work with the mounting bracket for the light I had planned to put on the tank. I believe future tanks will have a larger cutout for a wider variety of lighting mounts, since there are so many it's understandable that not everyone would fit with the default. I am glad they have offered to replace mine if needed. I will end up pulling out a router and cutting the ABS myself, but if I mess up I may take Tenecor up on the offer!

Screenshot_20220528-191230.png

I very much enjoy the attached lid, with the recess for the removable lid portion, and the included feeding hatch. The hatch is big enough for my Eheim auto feeder if I chose to get one for the tank as well!

The sump is large! Being that it fits a standard 4" sock, there is plenty of room for getting my hands inside. So anything dropped or that needs cleaned will be easy to do in the future which I'm looking forward to!

Screenshot_20220528-202213.png

Screenshot_20220528-191318.png

Overall I'm very pleased with the build quality of the tank, and all of the features, and happily recommend a Tenecor tank for anyone looking at purchasing an acylic tank.

Wayofthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My review of the @ Tenecor HushFlow AIO Nano Aquarium | Peninsula 17

First I have to touch on the obvious delays.

Tenecor has previously stated they have reduced their 2nd shift and lead times have been extended. So while I originally expected this tank 3 weeks ago, it arrived last Thursday (May 26th) . Not a big deal personally as I didn't need the tank as a replacement or anything. I'm still not even entirely sure which route I'll end up going with the tank yet! Now to the positive side, if there is one to delays, communication, Tenecor has been responsive to messages sent, and let me know of the delays and kept me updated on tentative shipping times.

Packaging:
The tank came very well packed, and I was told they are planning on improving the packaging further. Personally I did not have any mishaps in transit and the tank came well packed. It was covered with a plastic slip sheet. All corners had foam padding, and everything around the tank was either hard or soft foam. One potential issue is the placement of the pump inside the tank. The pump on the Peninsula 17 did not break free, but the potential to is there depending on handling by the carrier. The pump, hose, filter cup, and media all were placed inside and taped inside. The bulkhead came pre installed and the included valve is a nice touch!

Screenshot_20220528-190549.png

Screenshot_20220528-190611.png

Screenshot_20220528-190625.png

Tank:
Visually the tank is beautiful! The seams look great, and the included black wrap on the sides is a nice touch. The entire 'sump' portion of the AIO is blacked out by including the wrap. The lid for the 'sump' is also black to prevent light spill, between the black lid and walls, and the easy accessibility of the 'sump' it will be easy to keep it clean and algae free!

The tank comes with a 4" filter cup, Sicce Micra Plus return pump, some poly fill filter media balls, lid(s), and plumbing. The cup is removable along with the plate it rests in. A standard 4" sock can be used in place of the cup as well. Since it is removable though you could use foam in place of the cup/sock option if desired. The media is a nice touch and it's not a type I've used before so I'm curious to see how it performs. The other benefit to the removable cup/holding bracket is you can easily clean underneath it, and also use the area for additional media or foam if desired.

Having the plumbing included is also a nice touch. The Sicce Micra Plus is a a great option for a tank this size as well. The only missing part for plumbing is loc-line segments and a nozzle for the interior (display side) of the tank.

Screenshot_20220528-190735.png

Screenshot_20220528-190749.png

Screenshot_20220528-191126.png

Screenshot_20220528-190857.png

My tank came with a lexan lid. My complaint with the lexan is how thin (less than 1mm) it is, and then the cuts. There are cuttings visible which are easily removed, and really aren't a major issue to clean up. Being as thin as it is I can certainly understand the difficulty in keeping every last cut perfectly clean. After speaking with Tenecor they are going to try some thicker lexan and they said they had some other ways to make the lexan cleaner going forward. I'd be interested in a thicker lexan with cleaner cuts.

Screenshot_20220528-190811.png

The tank also comes with a lid for the sump portion of the tank as well. This lid is black ABS and includes 3 cutouts, one on each side (left/right), and one in the center for a light mount. The light cutout on my tank was ~1" and Tenecor has offered to ship another since the 1" cutout does not work with the mounting bracket for the light I had planned to put on the tank. I believe future tanks will have a larger cutout for a wider variety of lighting mounts, since there are so many it's understandable that not everyone would fit with the default. I am glad they have offered to replace mine if needed. I will end up pulling out a router and cutting the ABS myself, but if I mess up I may take Tenecor up on the offer!

Screenshot_20220528-191230.png

I very much enjoy the attached lid, with the recess for the removable lid portion, and the included feeding hatch. The hatch is big enough for my Eheim auto feeder if I chose to get one for the tank as well!

The sump is large! Being that it fits a standard 4" sock, there is plenty of room for getting my hands inside. So anything dropped or that needs cleaned will be easy to do in the future which I'm looking forward to!

Screenshot_20220528-202213.png

Screenshot_20220528-191318.png

Overall I'm very pleased with the build quality of the tank, and all of the features, and happily recommend a Tenecor tank for anyone looking at purchasing an acylic tank.
Hi i ordered a tank from them 2 weeks ago and haven't heard a thing from them. I emailed twice and no response. Is this how they usually were? Im getting concerned.
Thanks

OP
OP
Woodyman

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i ordered a tank from them 2 weeks ago and haven't heard a thing from them. I emailed twice and no response. Is this how they usually were? Im getting concerned.
Thanks

Usually were before, no.. I have noticed a diminished responsiveness lately, my only advice is to keep asking, that is what I've been doing for an acclimation box and AIO insert I've been waiting on.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 41.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back