Tank Size requirement for dogface puffer

  • Thread starter Thread starter shaneku5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

shaneku5

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 13, 2013
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Location
Folsom, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so A LFS was given a 9" dogface puffer because the owner thought it was too big and they have it in a small 40g tank. This irritates me because I know the tank is way too small. The fish is free to a good home apparently. I just purchased a 100g which is much larger than my 55 cube. I would like to get the fish out of the store since the tank i have is bigger but am unsure. what would you say the proper size tank should be? Thanks
 
I would if possible but I would want the required size. And I am not able to upgrade for about a year or so
 
that is the minimum. but 9" sounds like a big fish for a 100 gallon tank. aside from that, what other inhabitants would you be thinking about keeping in this tank with the puffer?? This is a large semi-aggressive fish, that is not reef safe, things to think about.
 
I currently have:
Porcupine puffer
2 clowns
2 damsels
emporer angel
french angel
helfrichi fire fish
 
Proper size tank for a Dog Face Puffer is 100g. They can reach right around a foot in length.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new