Tank stand leveling question

johnsamm7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just ordered my Im Nuvo 25 lagoon just picked up my stand waiting on the tank to arrive the stand comes with 4 rubber feet to attach to the bottom has anyone left these feet off and just put the stand so it sits flat of the floor will this cause a issue. I have carpeting where the tank is going to be I know the floor is a little uneven to level it out what would be the best course of action keeping the rubber feet on and shimming them with rubber shims or taking them off and shimming the flat portion of the stand thanks for the help !!

reefbeard1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably cut a piece of plywood around the same size as the cabinet footprint and have that sit on the carpet and the stand with rubber feet on it. I guess it can depend on how soft your carpet is, whether or not you can keep the piece the same size as the cabinet or make it a little bigger for more stability...and you can paint/stain it to match the stand to your liking. Good luck!

Rick cowen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I've had to do this many times, before you fill the tank, put a level on it, if it's not level, make sure and level it with shims before you do anything else.

OP
OP
johnsamm7

johnsamm7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So do I def have to put wood on the bottom first or can I just get away with shimming the 4 rubber feet in the bottom of the stand or will that just make it more unstable

Rick cowen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the size tank you're working with, the weight shouldn't be too bad, but, I' would be leery about using rubber feet for support.imho

reefbeard1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to know without knowing how your carpet feels under the tank when it's full. Is it a soft shaggy type carpet or harder more industrial type carpet? If you fill up the tank, how stable does it all feel? If it's pretty solid then yeah I would say you can shim the feet.

OP
OP
johnsamm7

johnsamm7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So do you think I should take the feet off of the stand

OP
OP
johnsamm7

johnsamm7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The carpet is more of a soft carpet it feels stable got a little advantage with the tank being a lagoo more width then length

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back